From: angani on
Thank you Brian, This time it worked perfectly alright.

I have another question.

This morning I created a database manually

Created Init.ora,
Created Dump location
sql>@creataDB.sql
sql>@catalog.sql
sql>@catproc.sql.

At this point SYSMAN account is not created. When I run emca -config
dbcontrol db it is asking for sysman password.

So I created a sysman account manually and assigned dba role.

Now when I run the command emca -config dbcontrol db, I get the error
"SEVERE: Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts"

I check on metalink for this error. below is the link
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=130:14:7453862317425599076::::p14_database_id,p14_docid,p14_show_header,p14_show_help,p14_black_frame,p14_font:NOT,336629.1,1,1,1,helvetica

I run the alter profile MONITORING_profile as recommanded by oracle.
metalink, I get profile not found.

At this point I have a feeling I did not do some thing correct.

Please Helpme

Thank you
RA

From: Brian Peasland on
The "Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts" error leads me to believe
that either the SYSMAN or DBSNMP account is locked, or both. Unlock both
accounts:

ALTER USER dbsnmp ACCOUNT UNLOCK;

You'll need both accounts for dbconsole.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba(a)nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net

From: angani on
Hi Brian,

Accounts are unlock I get the error.

Metalink has this info
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?
p=130:14:7453862317425599076::::p14_database_id,
p14_docid,p14_show_header,p14_show_help,
p14_black_frame,p14_font:NOT,336629.1,1,1,
1,helvetica

I am not able run the ALTER script.

Thank you
RA

From: JEDIDIAH on
On 2006-04-13, angani(a)gmail.com <angani(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Comeon gurus someone reply to my query.
>
> I have tried all means/methods to get the emctl working to configure
> the db console

This is what I use:

1) Clean out old environment

Drop SYSMAN user.
Remove *TOTAL? directories from $ORACLE_HOME

1) Create the repository.

emca -repos create -cluster

2) Configure the agents

emca -config all db -cluster