From: Angsql on
Hi Gurus,

I have cloned oracle10g database by manual method.

Steps
1. edit trace file (save clone.sql)
2) edit init.ora for clone DB.
3) copy the datafiles,controls to respective locations.
4) startup nomount
5) sql>@clone.sql
6) sql> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;

NOW, How do I configure dbconsole for my clone DB? So I can monitor the
DB from web and also use isql.

Thank you
AR

From: stevedhoward on
I haven't tested this, but you could try DBCA. It is designed for more
than just creating databases, as you can also make changes to existing
ones from the GUI.

Regards,

Steve

From: Brian Peasland on
Angsql wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> I have cloned oracle10g database by manual method.
>
> Steps
> 1. edit trace file (save clone.sql)
> 2) edit init.ora for clone DB.
> 3) copy the datafiles,controls to respective locations.
> 4) startup nomount
> 5) sql>@clone.sql
> 6) sql> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;
>
> NOW, How do I configure dbconsole for my clone DB? So I can monitor the
> DB from web and also use isql.
>
> Thank you
> AR

With your environment properly set (ORACLE_HOME, PATH, ORACLE_SID,
etc...you must have ORACLE_SID set correctly!) type the following:

emctl config dbconsole

The utility will ask you questions, like your LISTENER's port. Once
you've answered all of the questions and confirmed the results, the
emctl utility will set up dbconsole for you.

Also, you can just type 'emctl' at the command prompt to get a list of
command and options for this utility.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba(a)nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net

From: Mladen Gogala on
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:20:44 -0700, Angsql wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> I have cloned oracle10g database by manual method.
>
> Steps
> 1. edit trace file (save clone.sql)
> 2) edit init.ora for clone DB.
> 3) copy the datafiles,controls to respective locations.
> 4) startup nomount
> 5) sql>@clone.sql
> 6) sql> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;
>
> NOW, How do I configure dbconsole for my clone DB? So I can monitor the
> DB from web and also use isql.

RMAN is the utility to use. RMAN rocks and is manual enough.

--
http://www.mgogala.com

From: Brian Peasland on
>> NOW, How do I configure dbconsole for my clone DB? So I can monitor the
>> DB from web and also use isql.
>

> RMAN is the utility to use. RMAN rocks and is manual enough.

RMAN will configure dbconsole?

Cheers,