From: zubeyir on
On Jul 26, 12:39 pm, "Maxim S. Shatskih"
<ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
> >The OS was XP SP1 and parallel port base address was 378h . I had used
> >import() and outport() macros and no problem .
>
> Proper way of doing things like this these in proper OSes (like Windows or Linux or FreeBSD or MacOS):
>
> a) look at the API to the OS-provided parallel port driver
> b) if this API is enough for you - use it
> c) otherwise, develop a _full replacement_ of the OS-provided driver. To install such full replacement to Windows, patch the ImagePath registry value, this will get rid of PnP (but not KMCS!) signature checks.
>
> inport() and outport() can only be used reliably for your purpose in MS-DOS or the standalone bare-metal OS-less boot environment (but modern days people usually avoid them in favour of WinPE - better but requires the royalty - or specially tailored Linux - worse but free).
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com

Thanks for your suggestions..
I decided to use parport.sys.
I use iogetdeviceobjectpointer function in my drivers driverentry
rutine, i use "\\Device\\Parallel0" and another time i use "\
\DevicesParallelPort0" to reach parport.sys . But i get blue-screen
always.At begin i create UNICODESTRING structure for device name ,of
course . Can you tell me about any mistakes i did. Please help me...
From: zubeyir on
On Jul 26, 12:39 pm, "Maxim S. Shatskih"
<ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
> >The OS was XP SP1 and parallel port base address was 378h . I had used
> >import() and outport() macros and no problem .
>
> Proper way of doing things like this these in proper OSes (like Windows or Linux or FreeBSD or MacOS):
>
> a) look at the API to the OS-provided parallel port driver
> b) if this API is enough for you - use it
> c) otherwise, develop a _full replacement_ of the OS-provided driver. To install such full replacement to Windows, patch the ImagePath registry value, this will get rid of PnP (but not KMCS!) signature checks.
>
> inport() and outport() can only be used reliably for your purpose in MS-DOS or the standalone bare-metal OS-less boot environment (but modern days people usually avoid them in favour of WinPE - better but requires the royalty - or specially tailored Linux - worse but free).
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com

I think i must use "\Device\ParallelPort0" for parport.sys . i have hp
laserjet 1320 printer.it is bidirectional . is it a raw parallel
device ("\Device\Parallel0") or IEEE 1284 end-of-chain device ("Device
\Parallel0.4".
From: zubeyir on
On Jul 26, 12:39 pm, "Maxim S. Shatskih"
<ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
> >The OS was XP SP1 and parallel port base address was 378h . I had used
> >import() and outport() macros and no problem .
>
> Proper way of doing things like this these in proper OSes (like Windows or Linux or FreeBSD or MacOS):
>
> a) look at the API to the OS-provided parallel port driver
> b) if this API is enough for you - use it
> c) otherwise, develop a _full replacement_ of the OS-provided driver. To install such full replacement to Windows, patch the ImagePath registry value, this will get rid of PnP (but not KMCS!) signature checks.
>
> inport() and outport() can only be used reliably for your purpose in MS-DOS or the standalone bare-metal OS-less boot environment (but modern days people usually avoid them in favour of WinPE - better but requires the royalty - or specially tailored Linux - worse but free).
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com

I read ddk . i think i must obtain pointers to FDO and PDO for
paralell port and parallel device . but what are device-names (can you
tell me) . lets go on . at second step , i must open the parallel port
with IRP_MJ_CREATE ( but which routine i must use ,
iobuildsycn..fsdrequest or iobuilddevicecontrolrequest) , later i must
use ioctl_internal_parallel_port_allocate , and later i could write to
pdo with io_mj_write and iocalldriver (with pdo pointer) and finally i
must use free port and , close fdo and pdo file objects handles .
Please tell me are those true .
From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
>I think i must use "\Device\ParallelPort0" for parport.sys . i have hp
>laserjet 1320 printer.it is bidirectional

And what is the exact task you need to do to the printer?

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: zubeyir on
On Aug 1, 9:21 am, "Maxim S. Shatskih"
<ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
> >I think i must use "\Device\ParallelPort0" for parport.sys . i have hp
> >laserjet 1320 printer.it is bidirectional
>
> And what is the exact task you need to do to the printer?
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com