From: Jonathan Wilson on
> Only printing.
What are you doing that cant be done via a regular printer driver?
From: zubeyir on
On Aug 1, 1:28 pm, Jonathan Wilson <jfwf...(a)tpgi.com.au> wrote:
> > Only printing.
>
> What are you doing that cant be done via a regular printer driver?

I want to print a simple text documan , in kernel-mode,from a kernel-
driver i had written
From: zubeyir on
On Aug 1, 12:45 pm, zubeyir <zubey...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 9:21 am, "Maxim S. Shatskih"
>
> <ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
> > >I think i must use "\Device\ParallelPort0" for parport.sys . i have hp
> > >laserjet 1320 printer.it is bidirectional
>
> > And what is the exact task you need to do to the printer?
>
> > --
> > Maxim S. Shatskih
> > Windows DDK MVP
> > ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com
>
> Only printing.

I am not professional . i dont try to develop a general commercial
software
i try to learn by doing somethings
From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
>Only printing.

Then why not use the mainstream Windows API?

They are printer-independent after all.

More so: parallel port is dying, and most printers are USB now.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
>I want to print a simple text documan , in kernel-mode,from a kernel-
>driver i had written

Offload all of this to user-mode process which will call the standard GDI APIs.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP