From: Jacko on
> 0/0 is indeterminate .. it can have any finite value. ie if x = 0/0,
> then that means 0*x = 0, which is true for any finite value of x.

Of course it can't, it must have them all at once. They are all roots.
Picking prefered roots is one thing, saying the whole divmul zero
complex is not the one problem is missing the point.

> -x/0 and x/0 are infinite when x is non-zero (+ve or -ve as
> appropriate)

Or minus infinite.

> None of those are examples of a singularity.
>
> Now .. if you said f(x) = 1/x, then you get a singularity at x = 0.
>
> Maybe you should stick to subjects you know and understand ... are
> there any?

Yes but when you've actually studied Cauchy and winding number you'll
look at 1/x^2 differently.
From: Jacko on
And 0*infinity for that too is part of the singular complex. The
irremovable singularities of e^x and ln x would also make your
different handling of * and / as silly as treating + from - in any
proof.

The essential singular complex is a multiplicity of syptomatic
indeterminates, discontinuities and dis-focused lack of convergence of
result. There is only one to be analysed, and so is singular.

Sticking to subjects I know? Umm? I do know you should stick to a fan
(of the rotary variaty).
From: artful on
On Jul 20, 5:48 pm, Jacko <jackokr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > 0/0 is indeterminate .. it can have any finite value. ie if x = 0/0,
> > then that means 0*x = 0, which is true for any finite value of x.
>
> Of course it can't, it must have them all at once.

Nope .. it does not have to have all the answers .. even though any
answer works.

> They are all roots.

Yes they are .. that what I just said .. it can have any finite value

Try to keep up

> Picking prefered roots is one thing, saying the whole divmul zero
> complex is not the one problem is missing the point.

Word soup .. do you have ANY idea what the words you use mean, or what
is being discussed

> > -x/0 and x/0 are infinite when x is non-zero (+ve or -ve as
> > appropriate)
>
> Or minus infinite.

That's what I just said .. +ve or -ve. You're really very poor at
comprehension. Perhaps more familiarity with the topic would help?

> > None of those are examples of a singularity.
>
> > Now .. if you said f(x) = 1/x, then you get a singularity at x = 0.
>
> > Maybe you should stick to subjects you know and understand ... are
> > there any?
>
> Yes but when you've actually studied Cauchy and winding number you'll
> look at 1/x^2 differently.

I have an honors degree in mathematics .. I understand it far better
that your apparent limited grasp.
From: artful on
On Jul 20, 6:14 pm, Jacko <jackokr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> And 0*infinity for that too is part of the singular complex. The
> irremovable singularities of e^x and ln x would also make your
> different handling of * and / as silly as treating + from - in any
> proof.
>
> The essential singular complex is a multiplicity of syptomatic
> indeterminates, discontinuities and dis-focused lack of convergence of
> result. There is only one to be analysed, and so is singular.
>
> Sticking to subjects I know? Umm? I do know you should stick to a fan
> (of the rotary variaty).

You have no idea of maths nor the meaning of the terms you are
stringing together. Learn some maths, then come back .. and try to at
least post something coherent next time.
From: Jacko on
On 20 July, 09:58, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 5:48 pm, Jacko <jackokr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > 0/0 is indeterminate .. it can have any finite value. ie if x = 0/0,
> > > then that means 0*x = 0, which is true for any finite value of x.
>
> > Of course it can't, it must have them all at once.
>
> Nope .. it does not have to have all the answers .. even though any
> answer works.

Works is a very debatable series convergence.

> > They are all roots.
>
> Yes they are .. that what I just said .. it can have any finite value
>
> Try to keep up

I'm trying o master partial fraction GCD monger.

> > Picking prefered roots is one thing, saying the whole divmul zero
> > complex is not the one problem is missing the point.
>
> Word soup .. do you have ANY idea what the words you use mean, or what
> is being discussed

I do yes, if you don't your just not trying to factor the lingo, to
attempt to learn anything o master.

> > > -x/0 and x/0 are infinite when x is non-zero (+ve or -ve as
> > > appropriate)
>
> > Or minus infinite.
>
> That's what I just said .. +ve or -ve.  You're really very poor at
> comprehension.  Perhaps more familiarity with the topic would help?

No, my comprehension is excellent, I very poor at being your
underdog ;-)

> > > None of those are examples of a singularity.
>
> > > Now .. if you said f(x) = 1/x, then you get a singularity at x = 0.
>
> > > Maybe you should stick to subjects you know and understand ... are
> > > there any?
>
> > Yes but when you've actually studied Cauchy and winding number you'll
> > look at 1/x^2 differently.
>
> I have an honors degree in mathematics .. I understand it far better
> that your apparent limited grasp.

Yes the apparent understanding really just belays the reality of the
situation.