From: Geoff on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:02:55 -0400, Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:

K.

>I'm sorry to say this but you are so busy being controlling everything --
>the respondent, the display, etc -- that you make the form very hard to
>fill out, annoying, insulting, and ironically impossible for you manage.

I thought the form is easy to fill out apart from the major problem of
not being able to correct any answers. Is this the annoying part? Why
insulting? Certainly not my intention.

>After seen the narrow display I though that you had considered that
>students would be likely to use a mobile device so I tried it in Opera's
>"small screen" mode. It was even worse.

No mobile device expected to be used - to be used in a school
situation with a teacher present.

>There is not any "go back and change the answers" functionality. I told
>you how to do this the last time around.

I obviously haven't grasped that - will have another go!

>You have drop down option lists when radio buttons are much easier for the
>respondent to use.

This is a matter or opinion and the researcher for whom this is
written thinks otherwise!

>I've looked at your website where you are advertising your services for
>"Internet Consultancy" and your examples. There are many obvious errors.
>Incidentally, it is no longer 2003.

>Since this appears to be a project where you expect to collect a fee, it
>does not seem fair to give you any more free assistance. What I have
>already said should have been more than sufficient for a "professional".

I am not a "professional" in the sense that this has been an interest
of mine since ending a career in science education and I guess you
would be amused by the level of remuneration!

Cheers

Geoff

From: Geoff on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:02:55 -0400, Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:

K.

>I've looked at your website where you are advertising your services for
>"Internet Consultancy" and your examples. There are many obvious errors.
>Incidentally, it is no longer 2003.

Where did you find the 2003?!

Geoff
From: David Mark on
Geoff wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:02:55 -0400, Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:
>
> K.
>
>> I'm sorry to say this but you are so busy being controlling everything --
>> the respondent, the display, etc -- that you make the form very hard to
>> fill out, annoying, insulting, and ironically impossible for you manage.
>
> I thought the form is easy to fill out apart from the major problem of
> not being able to correct any answers. Is this the annoying part? Why
> insulting? Certainly not my intention.
>
>> After seen the narrow display I though that you had considered that
>> students would be likely to use a mobile device so I tried it in Opera's
>> "small screen" mode. It was even worse.

Yeah, I don't know why (seemingly) nobody tests with that (and I can't
seem to find the command in Opera 10, which is disappointing).
Basically, without a handheld style sheet, most sites are screwed (and
they are easy enough to create).

> No mobile device expected to be used - to be used in a school
> situation with a teacher present.
>
>> There is not any "go back and change the answers" functionality. I told
>> you how to do this the last time around.
>
> I obviously haven't grasped that - will have another go!
>
>> You have drop down option lists when radio buttons are much easier for the
>> respondent to use.
>
> This is a matter or opinion and the researcher for whom this is
> written thinks otherwise!

Don't let the client design the software. ;)

>> I've looked at your website where you are advertising your services for
>> "Internet Consultancy" and your examples. There are many obvious errors.
>> Incidentally, it is no longer 2003.
>
>> Since this appears to be a project where you expect to collect a fee, it
>> does not seem fair to give you any more free assistance. What I have
>> already said should have been more than sufficient for a "professional".
>
> I am not a "professional" in the sense that this has been an interest
> of mine since ending a career in science education and I guess you
> would be amused by the level of remuneration!

Not really. The industry is rife with incompetent hustlers.
From: Dr_KralNOSPAM on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:38:17 -0400, David Mark <dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <ho0uje$llt$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>Yeah, I don't know why (seemingly) nobody tests with that (and I can't
>seem to find the command in Opera 10, which is disappointing).

Ah, ha! An easy question for a change.
It is in the drop down menu for 'view' using "The Purloined Letter"
approach <lol> of hiding it as "small screen". It appears to ignore css
and displays in a narrow width column.

K.
From: Dr_KralNOSPAM on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:33:03 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.com> wrote in
<8ru7q5l8uovs34990rgeap0bvs16c4de62(a)4ax.com>:

>On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:02:55 -0400, Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:
>>Incidentally, it is no longer 2003.
>
>Where did you find the 2003?!
In the second example you give "Shop search". It is hard coded.

K.