From: Dr_Kral on
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 02:13:05 +0100, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
<PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote in <5634498.gDx1Vlcvoi(a)PointedEars.de>:

>Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:
>Wasted effort.
Surprise -- he changed it today.

> They are not going to learn the lesson if you keep replying
>to them and helping them. I have therefore obvious address mungers
>automatically killfiled, and add them manually to the list as I become aware
>of further munging, after a hint to them.
Frankly, I rather have an obviously munged/invalid address than one to an
ignored mailbox.

>That said, this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
No quite -- as I mentioned above. Although you do have a point.

> You might
>not know this, but *all* addresses must specify mailboxes, including that in
>the From header field (RFC 5536 allows using the invalid TLD as an
>alternative, but I would strongly advise against that). I have verified
>that your From header field does not specify a mailbox, so consider yourself
>soft-killfiled (I read only your followups to my postings) for the time
>being.
As you surely know why I and others munge the address, I won't discuss
that. I have followed your advise and munged it differently. I hope that
robot harvesters will ignore me and that real people can actually e-mail me
should they be so inclined.

K.
From: The Natural Philosopher on
Dr_Kral(a)nyc.rr.com.invalid wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 02:13:05 +0100, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote in <5634498.gDx1Vlcvoi(a)PointedEars.de>:
>
>> Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:
>> Wasted effort.
> Surprise -- he changed it today.
>
>> They are not going to learn the lesson if you keep replying
>> to them and helping them. I have therefore obvious address mungers
>> automatically killfiled, and add them manually to the list as I become aware
>> of further munging, after a hint to them.
> Frankly, I rather have an obviously munged/invalid address than one to an
> ignored mailbox.
>
>> That said, this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
> No quite -- as I mentioned above. Although you do have a point.
>
>> You might
>> not know this, but *all* addresses must specify mailboxes, including that in
>> the From header field (RFC 5536 allows using the invalid TLD as an
>> alternative, but I would strongly advise against that). I have verified
>> that your From header field does not specify a mailbox, so consider yourself
>> soft-killfiled (I read only your followups to my postings) for the time
>> being.
> As you surely know why I and others munge the address, I won't discuss
> that. I have followed your advise and munged it differently. I hope that
> robot harvesters will ignore me and that real people can actually e-mail me
> should they be so inclined.
>
> K.
On balance the danger of being killfiled by Thomas, and of having a
computer full of spam, tends to favour the former.

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
David Mark wrote:

> View | Small Screen is where it always was, but not in my latest copy of
> Opera.

That feature has been disabled by default, but you can restore it:

[de] <http://blog.icod.de/2010/03/25/opera-10-51-build-3351-small-screen-
feature/>

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <f806at$ail$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk>