From: Dr_KralNOSPAM on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:42:03 -0400, David Mark <dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <ho15rg$7cn$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>> It is in the drop down menu for 'view' using "The Purloined Letter"
>What?
Google is your friend. It is the title of a story E A Poe. Very well
worth reading.

>View | Small Screen is where it always was, but not in my latest copy of
>Opera.
I have 10.10 for WIndows. It is there. I con't find an option to control
it.

>It does not ignore CSS any more than projector view. The problem is tha
>most sites use media="screen", which does not apply to handheld or
>projector media. The trick is to use media="all" and then override with
>the various other media-specific types (e.g print, aural, handheld).
Oh. That implies the default is media ='screen'. Interesting.

K.
P&E

From: Dr_KralNOSPAM on
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:14:09 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.com> wrote in
<ae48q519bpnaila7rtdo3d7cbkv0bilng1(a)4ax.com>:

>Whilst I am puzzling on this I have a simple form in which the data is
>submitted at the end and of course it is easy for the user to change
>anything.
Ignoring that the page does not pass validation, that the questions are not
clear (partly due perhaps to differences between English and American
English) and I don't care for the appearance it does pass the narrow window
test which is good.

It is also a lot easier to comprehend and faster to fill in.

>What is not good is that say for question 13, a yes/no question in
>which yes should require 13a to be answered, and no moves on to 14.
>The user might complete both 13a and 14..
My second post gives exactly what you need to apply to show/hide some
question based on a previous answer, such as 13/13a.

From: David Mark on
Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:42:03 -0400, David Mark <dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com>
> wrote in <ho15rg$7cn$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:
>
>>> It is in the drop down menu for 'view' using "The Purloined Letter"
>> What?
> Google is your friend. It is the title of a story E A Poe. Very well
> worth reading.

Doc, I know the story and Google is not my friend. But what the hell
does any of that have to do with this conversation?

>> View | Small Screen is where it always was, but not in my latest copy of
>> Opera.
> I have 10.10 for WIndows. It is there. I con't find an option to control
> it.

I'm sure it is there in 10.10. I happen to be using the latest at the
moment (despite the fact that virtually ever major site out there throws
exceptions in it, making every action a scary adventure), which is 10.5.

>> It does not ignore CSS any more than projector view. The problem is tha
>> most sites use media="screen", which does not apply to handheld or
>> projector media. The trick is to use media="all" and then override with
>> the various other media-specific types (e.g print, aural, handheld).
> Oh. That implies the default is media ='screen'. Interesting.

Not really. You'd be ill-advised to leave off the media attribute, so
you never have to worry about what the default is. ;)
From: Geoff on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:35:56 -0400, Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:14:09 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.com> wrote in
><ae48q519bpnaila7rtdo3d7cbkv0bilng1(a)4ax.com>:
>

>>Whilst I am puzzling on this I have a simple form in which the data is
>>submitted at the end and of course it is easy for the user to change
>>anything.
>Ignoring that the page does not pass validation, that the questions are not

K.

sorry - I have corrected the errors.

>>What is not good is that say for question 13, a yes/no question in
>>which yes should require 13a to be answered, and no moves on to 14.
>>The user might complete both 13a and 14..
>My second post gives exactly what you need to apply to show/hide some
>question based on a previous answer, such as 13/13a.

will take another look..

Cheers

Geoff

From: Geoff on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:35:56 -0400, Dr_KralNOSPAM(a)nyc.rr.com wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:14:09 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.com> wrote in
><ae48q519bpnaila7rtdo3d7cbkv0bilng1(a)4ax.com>:
>

>>Whilst I am puzzling on this I have a simple form in which the data is
>>submitted at the end and of course it is easy for the user to change
>>anything.

K.

I think I may be getting the idea!?

http://www.micro-active.com/a-wm2/a-test-reshow2.htm