From: Bruce Hagen on
Not everyone lives in the central time zone. My original reply was at 6:51
PDT. Look at my headers.

From: Steve Cochran on
Everything gets better when you uninstall Norton. HP also runs a lot of stuff at startup and so you might try disabling some of that. When you do a lot of video processing (e.g. viewing), the processor will normally be well-occupied and the fans will kick in to cool it.

steve

From: Peter Foldes on
Matt

The very first thing that you need to do is to uninstall Norton as per the link
below. When done post back about the change that it made to your "racing processor"
and we shall continue from there
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
--
Peter