From: BeastFish on
> or changing my xp to vista (who knows what would be worse?).

Changing VB6 to VB.net? <rimshot>

From: Norm Cook on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)mvps.org> wrote in message
> Matthias Immhoff wrote:
>> You do not have to understand the code of the usercontrol to get the
>> notification you want.
>
> Well, I gotta hand it to you! That's one of the better understatements I
> think I've heard here before. I tried the code you posted, and am
> definitely impressed. Is that your work? Has it been published?
>
> I'm not convinced, though, that someone who isn't very familiar with VB
> could do what I did to make your post functional. There's a fair bit of
> assumed knowledge there.
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Karl, looks like Paul Caton's self subclassing (revised by LaVolpe)
http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=68737&lngWId=1

From: Matthias Immhoff on

> Karl, looks like Paul Caton's self subclassing (revised by LaVolpe)
> http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=68737&lngWId=1

Norman,
I gave the answer to that 1 day ago, and no, it's not the revised
version because with the revision you lose the BeforeMessage if you know
what I'm talking about but I guess you don't.
From: Matthias Immhoff on
Damn, no.
You don't understand that IsBadCodePtr eats the Before message.
See, you didn't look at it or didn't understand it.
You try to make me look like a thief and got to Karl like a little kid:
"Mummy, mummy, I think Matthias is doing something over there..."
I'm angry because this is like kindergarten in here, and real tips are
being put aside.

Matthias.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
JanAdam wrote:
> Trying to install msghook Karl has kindly sent me, after extracting
> msghook.zip and running msghook.exe I am getting Mabry folder with Icons and
> Sample folders and a few files in it. However, I cannot find msghook.vbx,

The VBX would be for 16-bit programs written with VB3 or earlier. When you ran the
installation, you should've been prompted whether to install:

[ ] VBX Control
[ ] OCX-16 Control
[X] OCX-32 Control

Do you remember what you checked there? (On 32-bit systems, the last option is the
default, as indicated, so the VBX would not have been installed.) I guess this
would be a good time to ask what operating system you're using?

Anyway, after finishing the install, all you have to do is pop into your project (in
VB6) and select "Components..." from the Project menu (or right-click the Toolbox).
Scroll down the list to find "Msghook OLE Custom Control module", check that, and
press OK. The MsgHook control will now be in your toolbox, ready to use.

On the test system I just installed it on, it was located at
C:\Windows\System32\Msghoo32.ocx -- another way to get it into your project is to
simply drag it from there into the Toolbox in VB.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org