From: Mike Williams on
"JanAdam" <JanAdam(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Trying to install msghook Karl has kindly sent me, after
> extracting msghook.zip and running msghook.exe I am
> getting Mabry folder . . . . . However, I cannot find
> msghook.vbx

I haven't seen the stuff Karl sent you, but Mabry no longer exists as far as
I know? O do remember using their Timer control a few years ago, and it was
absolutely the best and most stable and most easily used high resolution
Timer I have ever come across, so I imaginme their other offerings will be
of just as high a quality . . . but they were all commercial offerings (I
merely tried the demo) and in any case they don't exist any more. Do you
actually have a link that allows you to download free copies of their stuff?
If so I would like to see it.

> Direct download from http://www.adit.co.uk/html/mousewheelsupport.htmlf
> yields the same thing. Obviously I am doing something wrong.

I can't see anything at all on that link regarding Mabry controls, and I
can't see any download links (although I've only had a quick look so far).
Have I missed something? I can see some example mouse wheel hooking code on
that link though. I was going to suggest that you write your own hooking
code (which I could have helped you with) but you don't even need to go to
the trouble of doing that because there is code to do exactly what you want
on the link you have posted. There is only about 50 or so lines of code,
including the subclass code and the sample scrollbar mousewheel routine.
I've just given it a quick test drive and and it works fine. Couldn't be
much simpler. If you are looking for code to allow mouse wheel action in
various Controls in your own VB6 app then why don't you just use that? Or
are you looking for somehting else?

Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike Williams wrote:
> I haven't seen the stuff Karl sent you, but Mabry no longer exists as far as
> I know? O do remember using their Timer control a few years ago, and it was
> absolutely the best and most stable and most easily used high resolution
> Timer I have ever come across, so I imaginme their other offerings will be
> of just as high a quality . . . but they were all commercial offerings (I
> merely tried the demo) and in any case they don't exist any more. Do you
> actually have a link that allows you to download free copies of their stuff?
> If so I would like to see it.

The MsgHook control was always freeware. I have permission to redistribute it on my
site, here:

http://vb.mvps.org/tools/MsgHook

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Mike Williams on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)mvps.org> wrote in message

> The MsgHook control was always freeware. I have
> permission to redistribute it on my site, here:
> http://vb.mvps.org/tools/MsgHook

Right. Thanks Karl. I'll have a look at it. Pity the Mabry Hires Timer
control isn't freeware though. It is absolutely superb. I know it is
possible to code hires timers, but the Mabry offering was really extremely
simple and easy to use, with no code at all required to support it, and it
was totally reliable ;-)

Mike

From: Ken Halter on
"Mike Williams" <mikea(a)whiskyandCoke.com> wrote in message

> Right. Thanks Karl. I'll have a look at it. Pity the Mabry Hires Timer
> control isn't freeware though. It is absolutely superb. I know it is
> possible to code hires timers, but the Mabry offering was really extremely
> simple and easy to use, with no code at all required to support it, and it
> was totally reliable ;-)
>
> Mike

Even though these were written by some hack that hangs around here once in a
while <gd&r>, they may be suitable replacements form the Mabry timer you
were using.

TimerObj
http://vb.mvps.org/samples/project.asp?id=TimerObj

CCRP High-Performance Timer Library
http://vb.mvps.org/tools/ccrpTmr/

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep all discussions in the groups..
In Loving Memory - http://www.vbsight.com/Remembrance.htm

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Ken Halter wrote:
> Even though these were written by some hack that hangs around here once in a
> while <gd&r>, they may be suitable replacements form the Mabry timer you
> were using.

Well put. :-)
--
..NET: It's About Trust!