From: David McGlone on
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 11:34 +0200, Michiel Sikma wrote:
> On 21 April 2010 11:23, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:
>

> > Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?
> >
> > --
> > Blessings,
> > David M.
> >

> Is it? I didn't notice. I just use "reply to all" which puts the list in the
> CC, and that works just fine for me.

reply to all works, but then we end up with 2 messages, and if you have
your mail client set up to filter mail into folders, then each message
ends up in 2 different places.

I've replied to several posts on the list, and I forget that the reply
button only replies to the OP and my posts don't make it to the list
unless I send them again.
--
Blessings,
David M.

From: David McGlone on
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 10:36 +0100, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 05:23 -0400, David McGlone wrote:
>
> > Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?
> >
> > --
> > Blessings,
> > David M.
> >

> It's just standard list format I thought. A decent email client will
> reply to the list instead of using reply to all.

The reply to all sends 2 e-mails, one to the list, and one to the OP,
just like I did with this message. Now you are going to get 2 of these
messages but if the list was set up differently, then when hitting the
reply button, it would automatically send directly to the list and not
the OP.

I use Evolution, Kmail, and occasionally lookout and all of them are
decent e-mail clients. Also, of all the mailing lists I am on, this is
the only one that, when replying it goes to the OP and not the list.

I'm not trying to solicit a change, I'm just wondering why this list has
this behavior, which in my opinion is tedious.
--
Blessings,
David M.

From: David McGlone on
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 05:08 -0500, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the problem or the bad form, if you will, is using reply-all.
> All you need to do is hit reply and it should just send a message
> back to the list. Everyone gets the list messages.
> If the reply-to is not set, type in the list email in the to and the
> reply-to in your message
> and that should set the stage for a reply-to to be present in the
> thread.
> I for one don't know how many email duplicates I have had to delete
> because someone hit reply-all.
> Gets messy on big threads, but I manage.

This is what I'm getting, but when hitting reply to this message of
yours, it does go to the list and not both the list and you personally.

Maybe it's not how the list is set up, but instead how people are
replying to the list.

dunno.

--
Blessings,
David M.

From: Per Jessen on
David McGlone wrote:

> I use Evolution, Kmail, and occasionally lookout and all of them are
> decent e-mail clients. Also, of all the mailing lists I am on, this i=
> the only one that, when replying it goes to the OP and not the list.

I haven't checked, but I think all the lists I am on behave like this
one.=20

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (14.8=C2=B0C)

From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Exactly.
:)

Karl

On Apr 21, 2010, at 5:38 AM, David McGlone wrote:

> Maybe it's not how the list is set up, but instead how people are
> replying to the list.

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com