From: David McGlone on

Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?

--
Blessings,
David M.

From: Michiel Sikma on
On 21 April 2010 11:23, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:

> Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.

Is it? I didn't notice. I just use "reply to all" which puts the list in the
CC, and that works just fine for me.

Michiel
From: Daniel Egeberg on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:23, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:
> Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?

Try having a look at the headers. These are the headers on the mail you sent:

From: David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net>
To: PHP <php-general(a)lists.php.net>

It is standard for an email client to reply to the email in the "From"
header (unless "Reply-To" is present). Reply all generally makes your
client send a CC to all the other recipients as well.

--
Daniel Egeberg
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 05:23 -0400, David McGlone wrote:

> Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.

It's just standard list format I thought. A decent email client will
reply to the list instead of using reply to all.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Hi,
I think the problem or the bad form, if you will, is using reply-all.
All you need to do is hit reply and it should just send a message
back to the list. Everyone gets the list messages.
If the reply-to is not set, type in the list email in the to and the
reply-to in your message
and that should set the stage for a reply-to to be present in the
thread.
I for one don't know how many email duplicates I have had to delete
because someone hit reply-all.
Gets messy on big threads, but I manage.

Be nice if that wasn't so. :)

Best,

Karl

On Apr 21, 2010, at 4:36 AM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 05:23 -0400, David McGlone wrote:
>
>> Why is the list set up to reply to the OP and not the list?
>>
>> --
>> Blessings,
>> David M.
>>

> It's just standard list format I thought. A decent email client will
> reply to the list instead of using reply to all.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Karl DeSaulniers