From: Alex McFarlane on
I am running Office 2007 ultimate.
I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit.
Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric:

name1(a)hostname.isp.co.uk, name2(a)hostname.isp.co.uk, etc.

The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails and
put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc.
But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit.

Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into the
inbox?

Please advise.

From: DL on
Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password
Who is the ISP?

From: Alex McFarlane on
ISP = Good old trusty ex-tenner a month Demon.

No the accounts are not unique, the same username and password for all.

Is there a way in outlook to download all the emails but only show those to
name1?

AMcF

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
You can use views to show or hide mail or use rules to move mail to other
folders sent to a specific address based on words (the email address) in the
header.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: