From: ed on
Rich,

Sorry to bother you again since you have had lots of experience on this.

In my test envir. I did move mailboxes from exchange 2003 to exchange
accross two forests. use ADMT to migrate users in the target forest and
create empty mailbox in the target exchange server and then use exmerge to
export and import mailboxes. Are these right steps?

If we need move exchange2003/exchange 2007 mailboxes to exchange
2010/exchange 2007, any changes on the above steps? any other better way to
do it?

THANK YOU!

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, ed <ed(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Rich,
>
>Sorry to bother you again since you have had lots of experience on this.
>
>In my test envir. I did move mailboxes from exchange 2003 to exchange
>accross two forests. use ADMT to migrate users in the target forest and
>create empty mailbox in the target exchange server and then use exmerge to
>export and import mailboxes. Are these right steps?

The ADMT is okay, but I'd use "move-mailbox" to get the mailboxes
moved to the new forest. It's faster than exmerge and you have more
control over how you want the mailboxes set up.

>If we need move exchange2003/exchange 2007 mailboxes to exchange
>2010/exchange 2007, any changes on the above steps? any other better way to
>do it?

Powershell.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: ed on
> The ADMT is okay, but I'd use "move-mailbox" to get the mailboxes
> moved to the new forest. It's faster than exmerge and you have more
> control over how you want the mailboxes set up.

Nice to know. I found this
http://msexchangehelp.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/cross-forest-move-mailbox-request-from-exchange-2003-to-2010/
to use prepare-moverequest.ps1 and even I can not find it in my exchange 2010
script folder

Do you have link or syntax to use move-mailbox to move mailboxes accross the
forest?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND SUPPORT.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:13:01 -0700, ed <ed(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>> The ADMT is okay, but I'd use "move-mailbox" to get the mailboxes
>> moved to the new forest. It's faster than exmerge and you have more
>> control over how you want the mailboxes set up.
>
>Nice to know. I found this
>http://msexchangehelp.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/cross-forest-move-mailbox-request-from-exchange-2003-to-2010/
>to use prepare-moverequest.ps1 and even I can not find it in my exchange 2010
>script folder
>
>Do you have link or syntax to use move-mailbox to move mailboxes accross the
>forest?

Did you try clicking on the link in that web page?

�Download the Prepare-MoveReqest.Ps1 Script from Microsoft
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: ed on