From: John McWilliams on
Vance wrote:
> On May 29, 7:33 am, John McWilliams <jp...(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>> The pest of many names is not insane most likely, but is consumed by
>> such hate and fear that he's frozen in a pattern of anonymous, hateful
>> and frequent harassment of any who'll respond. Er, well, maybe that's
>> one definition of insane..

> He's not insane, but his posts across several forums display a
> personality that combines characteristics of both narssisistic and
> antisocial personality disorders. Of the two, the antisocial
> characteristics are more forward, but the foundation may be in the
> weak ego structure indicated by the narssisistic tendency.

No argument.
Do you realize, Vance, that a number of usenet folk won't see your posts
as you're using Google to post from?

--
john mcwilliams
From: Jeff Jones on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:43:29 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>"Jeff Jones" <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 29 May 2010 05:07:56 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
>> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/StillTrying.jpg
>>>
>>>Will we ever get it right?
>>>
>>>Take Care,
>>>Dudley
>>>

>> It just gets sadder and sadder.
>>

>Your just PO'd you didn't shoot it...
>
>Take Care,
>Dudley

Yeah, that's it. I'm upset because I didn't manage to create the worst
possible crapshot of a blurry apple, blurry fingers, some tacky upholstery
and an overexposed blank living-room wall. What a masterpiece! Created by
someone who can't even tell where his left and right hands are because
there's no part of any of the image that says, "this is the subject I'm
trying to shoot". Damn, I'm so envious. Any 2 year-old randomly pressing
the shutter button could have done better than you. When are you going to
learn, any of you, that you CANNOT depend on auto-focus, auto-exposure, or
ANY auto modes on any camera? This is why you'll never be a photographer.
No camera firmware programmer in the world is going to be able to turn you
into a photographer.

Okay, enough of entertaining twit trolls like you. I have far better things
to do than give attention to the terminally self-deluded.

From: Dudley Hanks on

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:43:29 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>

>>"Jeff Jones" <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message

>>> It just gets sadder and sadder.
>>>

>>Your just PO'd you didn't shoot it...
>>
>>Take Care,
>>Dudley
>>

> Yeah, that's it. I'm upset because I didn't manage to create the worst
> possible crapshot of a blurry apple, blurry fingers, some tacky upholstery
> and an overexposed blank living-room wall. What a masterpiece! Created by
> someone who can't even tell where his left and right hands are because
> there's no part of any of the image that says, "this is the subject I'm
> trying to shoot". Damn, I'm so envious. Any 2 year-old randomly pressing
> the shutter button could have done better than you. When are you going to
> learn, any of you, that you CANNOT depend on auto-focus, auto-exposure, or
> ANY auto modes on any camera? This is why you'll never be a photographer.
> No camera firmware programmer in the world is going to be able to turn you
> into a photographer.
>
> Okay, enough of entertaining twit trolls like you. I have far better
> things
> to do than give attention to the terminally self-deluded.

Who says I wanted the focus on the apple / fingers?

The title was "Still trying to decide," which alludes back to the old Adam /
Eve episode. Given the title, the apple indicates the choice between good
and evil, nature and commerce, the simple life and the good life. That
choice isn't alway easy / clear.

The partial glimpse of the over-exposed wall and furniture in the background
represent our tendency to put too much emphasis on comfort and security,
over-looking the ethics of our choice, which is why the apple isn't clear.

Isn't it interesting how the non-traditional use of photographic elements
can produce a distinct impression.

But, you'll probably never put that much thought into a production image,
let alone a test shot...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Jeff Jones on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:14:20 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>"Jeff Jones" <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:43:29 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
>> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeff Jones" <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message

>>>Your just PO'd you didn't shoot it...
>>>
>>>Take Care,
>>>Dudley
>>>

>> Yeah, that's it. I'm upset because I didn't manage to create the worst
>> possible crapshot of a blurry apple, blurry fingers, some tacky upholstery
>> and an overexposed blank living-room wall. What a masterpiece! Created by
>> someone who can't even tell where his left and right hands are because
>> there's no part of any of the image that says, "this is the subject I'm
>> trying to shoot". Damn, I'm so envious. Any 2 year-old randomly pressing
>> the shutter button could have done better than you. When are you going to
>> learn, any of you, that you CANNOT depend on auto-focus, auto-exposure, or
>> ANY auto modes on any camera? This is why you'll never be a photographer.
>> No camera firmware programmer in the world is going to be able to turn you
>> into a photographer.
>>
>> Okay, enough of entertaining twit trolls like you. I have far better
>> things
>> to do than give attention to the terminally self-deluded.
>>

>Who says I wanted the focus on the apple / fingers?
>
>The title was "Still trying to decide," which alludes back to the old Adam /
>Eve episode. Given the title, the apple indicates the choice between good
>and evil, nature and commerce, the simple life and the good life. That
>choice isn't alway easy / clear.
>
>The partial glimpse of the over-exposed wall and furniture in the background
>represent our tendency to put too much emphasis on comfort and security,
>over-looking the ethics of our choice, which is why the apple isn't clear.
>
>Isn't it interesting how the non-traditional use of photographic elements
>can produce a distinct impression.
>
>But, you'll probably never put that much thought into a production image,
>let alone a test shot...
>
>Take Care,
>Dudley

If you have to explain a photo (or in your case, invent stories to try to
justify why you're a failure as a photographer), then you have failed.
Either way.

Why don't you go bother your daughter for attention? Or has she had enough
of your bullshit too?

From: Dudley Hanks on

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:14:20 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>

>>"Jeff Jones" <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, that's it. I'm upset because I didn't manage to create the worst
>>> possible crapshot of a blurry apple, blurry fingers, some tacky
>>> upholstery
>>> and an overexposed blank living-room wall. What a masterpiece! Created
>>> by
>>> someone who can't even tell where his left and right hands are because
>>> there's no part of any of the image that says, "this is the subject I'm
>>> trying to shoot". Damn, I'm so envious. Any 2 year-old randomly pressing
>>> the shutter button could have done better than you. When are you going
>>> learn, any of you, that you CANNOT depend on auto-focus, auto-exposure,
>>> or
>>> ANY auto modes on any camera? This is why you'll never be a
>>> photographer.
>>> No camera firmware programmer in the world is going to be able to turn
>>> you
>>> into a photographer.
>>>
>>> Okay, enough of entertaining twit trolls like you. I have far better
>>> things
>>> to do than give attention to the terminally self-deluded.
>>>

>>Who says I wanted the focus on the apple / fingers?
>>
>>The title was "Still trying to decide," which alludes back to the old Adam
>>/
>>Eve episode. Given the title, the apple indicates the choice between good
>>and evil, nature and commerce, the simple life and the good life. That
>>choice isn't alway easy / clear.
>>
>>The partial glimpse of the over-exposed wall and furniture in the
>>background
>>represent our tendency to put too much emphasis on comfort and security,
>>over-looking the ethics of our choice, which is why the apple isn't clear.
>>
>>Isn't it interesting how the non-traditional use of photographic elements
>>can produce a distinct impression.
>>
>>But, you'll probably never put that much thought into a production image,
>>let alone a test shot...
>>
>>Take Care,
>>Dudley
>>

> If you have to explain a photo (or in your case, invent stories to try to
> justify why you're a failure as a photographer), then you have failed.
> Either way.
>
> Why don't you go bother your daughter for attention? Or has she had enough
> of your bullshit too?

So, Da Vinci is a failure because people are still debating the Mona Lisa?
By your logic, everybody should just "know" what it's all about?

You should really think about what you say before you contradict yourself
all the time...

Take Care,
Dudley