From: Jack on
suddenly been getting this during various applications on my xp.
Not all dealing with same folders.

Just when I go into WinExp from within another app.Lotus, Excel,
Frontpage, and a couple other progs.

Any ideas how to fix PLEASE!!??

Very irritating.

From: Jack on
Jack wrote on 4/21/2007 :
> suddenly been getting this during various applications on my xp.
> Not all dealing with same folders.
>
> Just when I go into WinExp from within another app.Lotus, Excel, Frontpage,
> and a couple other progs.
>
> Any ideas how to fix PLEASE!!??
>
> Very irritating.

=============================
PS in WinExplorer, my "My Docs" is not labeled, and now it is in under
DocsSetts,rather than up by Desktop in list.

???
have run 5 antivir/spyware/trojan progs.
Still nothing, much thanks.

From: Mark L. Ferguson on
Process Explorer v10.11:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

or

UNLOCKER 1.8.5 BY CEDRICK 'NITCH' COLLOMB: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
--
Was this post helpful to you? Voting helps others who use the web interface.
Mark L. Ferguson

From: Jack on
Mark L. Ferguson brought next idea :
> Process Explorer v10.11:
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html
>
> or
>
> UNLOCKER 1.8.5 BY CEDRICK 'NITCH' COLLOMB: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
> --
> Was this post helpful to you? Voting helps others who use the web interface.
> Mark L. Ferguson
>

> "Jack" wrote:
>
>> Jack wrote on 4/21/2007 :
>>> suddenly been getting this during various applications on my xp.
>>> Not all dealing with same folders.
>>>
>>> Just when I go into WinExp from within another app.Lotus, Excel, Frontpage,
>>> and a couple other progs.
>>>
>>> Any ideas how to fix PLEASE!!??
>>>
>>> Very irritating.
>>
>> =============================
>> PS in WinExplorer, my "My Docs" is not labeled, and now it is in under
>> DocsSetts,rather than up by Desktop in list.
>>
>> ???
>> have run 5 antivir/spyware/trojan progs.
>> Still nothing, much thanks.

===================================
thanks mark for the post............what am I supposed to unlock or
which process to quit?
Have already done both previous, all I do is quit the app that is
asking "please choose another folder", and unlock unlocks the same.

Should be a FIX for this!!??
THAT is what I need, thanks.

From: Poprivet on
Jack wrote:
> suddenly been getting this during various applications on my xp.
> Not all dealing with same folders.
>
> Just when I go into WinExp from within another app.Lotus, Excel,
> Frontpage, and a couple other progs.
>
> Any ideas how to fix PLEASE!!??
>
> Very irritating.

I've never heard of that error message and have no idea where it could be
originating from; do you? I doubt it's an XP message.

What AV/malware programs have you run?
Were they EACH updated prior to running them?
XP Pro or Home?
SP2? If not SP2 I have nothing further to offer.

You might want to look into HijackThis and post a log on a suggested site
for some assistance in analyzying it. Do NOT post the log here or on a site
that's not set up for it.

HTH
Pop`

 |  Next  |  Last