From: Boris Epstein on
Hello there,

I use RDP to connect to an XP box. Every time I connect the locally
logged in user gets logged out. Is there any way to stop that? Is
there a way to have us both (the local and the remote user) be able to
use the computer, or for the remote user to log in view only (i.e.,
the get to only see what's happening on the desktop but not to affect
it)?

Thanks.

Boris.
From: Danny Sanders on
You can if the XP desktop was coming from a terminal server but since it is
a physical box I don't think you can stop this.

hth
DDS

From: fox7 on
Boris:
I use two programs to preform what you are trying to do. One is
TeamViewer and the other Zolved. They both essentially work the same way,
thru an intermediate server on the web, but they will do what you want.

Fox7

From: Rob on
Boris Epstein <borepstein(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I use RDP to connect to an XP box. Every time I connect the locally
> logged in user gets logged out. Is there any way to stop that? Is
> there a way to have us both (the local and the remote user) be able to
> use the computer, or for the remote user to log in view only (i.e.,
> the get to only see what's happening on the desktop but not to affect
> it)?

For that we use "vnc". It allows you to see the same desktop as the
user sees, which can be convenient when you want to explain something.
View-only is an option, but by default you can also use your mouse and
keyboard when connected remotely.
From: Boris Epstein on
On May 13, 3:52 am, Rob <nom...(a)example.com> wrote:
> Boris Epstein <borepst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello there,
>
> > I use RDP to connect to an XP box. Every time I connect the locally
> > logged in user gets logged out. Is there any way to stop that? Is
> > there a way to have us both (the local and the remote user) be able to
> > use the computer, or for the remote user to log in view only (i.e.,
> > the get to only see what's happening on the desktop but not to affect
> > it)?
>
> For that we use "vnc".  It allows you to see the same desktop as the
> user sees, which can be convenient when you want to explain something.
> View-only is an option, but by default you can also use your mouse and
> keyboard when connected remotely.

Thanks Rob!

What kind of VNC server do you happen to use?

Boris.