From: Konrad Kullig on
Hi,

how can I connect Wildcat! to my local web proxy?
Where can I specify IP-address and port of my local web proxy?

Regards
Konrad

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
The Web site requires that I enable JavaVirus to effect a download. JavaVirus is an
attempt to run unconstrained and unverifiable code on my machine, and is therefore by
definition an attack. JavaVirus is one of the most popular malware vectors, second only
to ActiveVirus controls.

Bottom line: if you've been taken out once by a JavaVirus attack, you will disable it from
all sites. I was taken out twice. There will not be a third time.
joe

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 14:22:33 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme <steve(a)tropheus.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:41:51 -0400, Joseph M. Newcomer
><newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote:
>
>>Well one major difference is that I was able to download this one, because the Web site
>>does not go out of its way to attack my machine when I click a download link. Next, I
>>will install it, a nontrivial action because of my security setup.
>
>I am using Jochen's bridge. There was no "attack" on my machine. What
>actually happened?
>
>Steve
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
On 08/06/2010 17:28, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> The Web site requires that I enable JavaVirus to effect a download. JavaVirus is an
> attempt to run unconstrained and unverifiable code on my machine, and is therefore by
> definition an attack. JavaVirus is one of the most popular malware vectors, second only
> to ActiveVirus controls.
>
> Bottom line: if you've been taken out once by a JavaVirus attack, you will disable it from
> all sites. I was taken out twice. There will not be a third time.

Joe: what about building a virtual machine just to access JavaScript web
sites?

Giovanni
From: Cholo Lennon on
On 08/06/2010 11:51, Konrad Kullig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I connect Wildcat! to my local web proxy?
> Where can I specify IP-address and port of my local web proxy?
>
> Regards
> Konrad

Well, at this time Wilcat! doesn't work in my computer so I don't know
how to use it or configure it (BTW, after my last attempt to install it
I had to reset my PC because the hanged Wilcat! program left the
computer very very unstable!).

Some ideas (you didn't answer my question about ISA server, so they may
not be applicable):

1-Find the remote port where Wilcat! is trying to connect to (use
tcpview or something similar for this). Dealing with web forums, I
suspect that 80 is the port :-)

2-If you are using ISA server then install NTLMaps. Adjust its
configuration according to your Windows domain, user and password. Also
adjust the listening port to the one found in the 1st step.

Regards

--
Cholo Lennon
Bs.As.
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I really don't want to have to deal with the security issues, and a VM is just a
vulnerable as a real machine. And if my VM gets corrupted, I have to be able to restore
it to a clean state, so I haven't won anything. Overall, it doesn't give me anything that
using a separate machine doesn't already give me (which is my current solution) but
ultimately, the best security is not allowing unconstrained code to run on the client
machine.
joe