From: Denny Strauser on
McSteve wrote:
> <snipped>
> Snow is a four letter word.

I love snow! I hate cold!
Denny
From: Michael Dobony on
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:36:11 -0600, bob urz wrote:

> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> here is the ABC news from a town 6 miles from my house
>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=17482964
>> george
>>

> I have piles 5 to 6 foot high in places in my yard. And -30 wind chill
> to boot.
>
> bob

Don't you just love global warming :0
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Michael Dobony" <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:36:11 -0600, bob urz wrote:
>
>> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>>> here is the ABC news from a town 6 miles from my house
>>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=17482964
>>> george
>>>

>> I have piles 5 to 6 foot high in places in my yard. And -30 wind chill
>> to boot.
>>
>> bob
>
> Don't you just love global warming :0

alot of our snow is from global warming
lake iontario is about 3 degrees warmer than it has ever been and the warm
water is pumping moisture into the weather systems as they move from nwest
to east
and we get the behifit of all that mositure once the winds hit the colder
land mass off the east shore of the lake
George

From: Michael Dobony on
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:16:35 -0500, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

> "Michael Dobony" <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message

>>> I have piles 5 to 6 foot high in places in my yard. And -30 wind chill
>>> to boot.
>>>
>>> bob
>>
>> Don't you just love global warming :0
>
> alot of our snow is from global warming
> lake iontario is about 3 degrees warmer than it has ever been and the warm
> water is pumping moisture into the weather systems as they move from nwest
> to east
> and we get the behifit of all that mositure once the winds hit the colder
> land mass off the east shore of the lake
> George

most of the states could use a little of that warming with these record
lows. How about sending some of it our way? It has been sub normal since
early spring! Over here the stores don't have any insulated boots because
we don't get this cold for this long and this much snow that is not from
lake effects. Did your lake effect snow affect the deep south too? Des
Moines does not get lake effect snow. Neither does southern Missouri.
Normal snows here are up to 1 inch. We had 2 major (for southern MO)
snowfalls in 1 week that shut a lot of business and schools down. Normally
it is ice storms, not snow storms. Reminds me of your neck of the woods in
Buffalo, NY. Not normal for Iowa, not normal for MO. Your neck of the woods
is not the whole world. Most of the US has been colder than normal all this
year and much of last year also. So has Europe.
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:16:35 -0500, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>
>> "Michael Dobony" <survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message

>>> Don't you just love global warming :0
>>
>> alot of our snow is from global warming
>> lake iontario is about 3 degrees warmer than it has ever been and the
>> warm
>> water is pumping moisture into the weather systems as they move from
>> nwest
>> to east
>> and we get the behifit of all that mositure once the winds hit the
>> colder
>> land mass off the east shore of the lake
>> George
>
> most of the states could use a little of that warming with these record
> lows. How about sending some of it our way? It has been sub normal since
> early spring!

global warming is a trend not a record there is nowhere on earth that is
trending colder

Over here the stores don't have any insulated boots because
> we don't get this cold for this long and this much snow that is not from
> lake effects. Did your lake effect snow affect the deep south too? Des
> Moines does not get lake effect snow. Neither does southern Missouri.

mine is lake effect directly related to global warming of the great lakes

> Normal snows here are up to 1 inch. We had 2 major (for southern MO)
> snowfalls in 1 week that shut a lot of business and schools down. Normally
> it is ice storms, not snow storms. Reminds me of your neck of the woods in
> Buffalo, NY. Not normal for Iowa, not normal for MO. Your neck of the
> woods
> is not the whole world. Most of the US has been colder than normal all
> this
> year and much of last year also. So has Europe.

one year is but a speck on the overall trend of global warming
we are talking 10's of thousands of years
not one weekend
I( see your grasp of science has not improved

George