From: George's Pro Sound Co. on
Just a discussion about how long you own a desk, a significant desk not some
600$ mix wiz or other mi stuff
before the annoying issues creep in
my experiances
DDa cs12m 3 months-power suppy fell apart(scres fell out and caused broken
connections
A&H gl3 right out of the box fails of the l/r buss then intermittents on
the group busses
A&H gl4K right out of the box intermittents on busses
Soundcraft K2 about 18 month started intermittents on inserts
Yamaha ls9 about 1 year started ghosting on led's and one fader motor failed

for me at about 3 years the issues with desks coupled with the declining
value and the lack of interest in fixing stuff makes me look for
replacment, selling off a still pretty new desk to get a new one

I just sold my ls9/32 and will be getting by with the 840/852s along with
the lx7's until I choose a new large format digital product
with so much new digital on the market and the established stuff about ready
for the next generation to come out this may take a year or more before I
drop another 15-30K on a flagship desk for my operation
George

From: Arny Krueger on
"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yamaha ls9 about 1 year started ghosting on led's and one
> fader motor failed

Sure am glad that I didn't follow up on George's offer of this console on
AAPLS when he had it up for sale a couple of months ago.

It was described as being in "perfect condition".

When that claim was challenged at the time, George said: "I love the ls9 but
seems like the right time to get my value out of it
before the price of digital boards crashes, like all electronics do
eventually "

Looks like more than the price was crashing...

From: Phil Allison on

"George's Pro Sound Co."

>>> Yamaha ls9 about 1 year started ghosting on led's and one
>>> fader motor failed ...

> btw I had no shortage of buyers, I even sold it to a local church but had
> to take it back when thier check bounced

** No waaaayyyy !!!

That is just too damn funny for words !!!!!!!!!!

Church folk are so dumb they regularly wind with very the worst audio gear
ever made.

But god ( and the bank) acted to protect these honest believers from one of
Goerge's banged up cast offs !!!

Wot an absolute HOOT !!!!

...... Phil

From: Arny Krueger on
"Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> "George's Pro Sound Co."

>> btw I had no shortage of buyers, I even sold it to a local church but had
>> to take it back when thier check
>> bounced

> ** No waaaayyyy !!!

God does have a sense of humor.

> That is just too damn funny for words !!!!!!!!!!

I would say that it is heavenly, just heavenly.

> Church folk are so dumb they regularly wind with very the
> worst audio gear ever made.

This pretty well destroys George's claims of total benevolence towards
churches.

In fact, he treats them in business just as badly as he does around here.

> But god ( and the bank) acted to protect these honest
> believers from one of Goerge's banged up cast offs !!!

> Wot an absolute HOOT !!!!

I'm betting money that the "check bounced" because they stopped payment on
it when they realized what a POS George had foisted off on them.

If George has any guts at all, he'll post the name and contact information
for said church, so we can check up on their side of the story and vindicate
him, if possible.

From: Denny Strauser on
Arny Krueger wrote:
> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>> Yamaha ls9 about 1 year started ghosting on led's and one
>> fader motor failed
>
> Sure am glad that I didn't follow up on George's offer of this console on
> AAPLS when he had it up for sale a couple of months ago.
>
> It was described as being in "perfect condition".
>
> When that claim was challenged at the time, George said: "I love the ls9 but
> seems like the right time to get my value out of it
> before the price of digital boards crashes, like all electronics do
> eventually "

The desk worked perfectly the first week of December when I used it.
-Denny
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: we got a little snow