From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

>> it is just stuff ron, no shame in it breaking, it is just a means to a
>> end
>> that end is earning a living for me
>> if that end was showing off all the fancy shitI could buy I would be into
>> golf , fly fishing or hot rods
>> george
>>

> I`m a bit jealous of that Mando though...

I do have way more quality mandolins than I deserve :-)
george

From: Phildo on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> They may even use rotary encoders in place of resistive pots? I don't
> know.

I can't think of any desk that doesn't.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> to fix a digital desk one need to have mastered the basic of repair(as
> well as reconizing basic features like PFL meters),

Are you sure? Arny says that 95% of mixing desks do not have PFL so surely
that is rarely an issue? ;-)

Phildo

From: bob urz on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

> I do not have a "all ops" quality person
> it is stupid easy to find bench jockeys and wanna be FoH guys

Bench techs i think your dead wrong. The electronics schools that used
to teach tv repair and such are all long gone replaced by ITT tech and
such thats mainly all about computers. In this throw away society,
people don't fix things anymore, they toss them because there all so
cheap. There is a BIG difference between a parts changer and a true
bench tech. I know some guys that think because they can solder a XLR
connector that makes them a tech. It don't. Or change a passive
crossover or driver in a box makes them a bench tech. Having some
technical ability is a big help in the sound world, but call a spade
a spade. And the only pigs that fly are in the lighting world....

FOH guys, well, anybody that has ever touched a fader thinks they
can mix. A lot of people can mix. few really understand the true
complexity's of whats really going on. Hell, even Arny can mix.
(a Hamilton beach, two beaters, making a cake)

The front end guy is really a tough deal. One with a good BS meter,
and business sense of what your services really cost, and how to
logistically make it all happen while multi tasking.

bob

From: Ron on
On 10/01/2010 13:04, Arny Krueger wrote:
> "Phildo"<Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>
>> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>
>>> They may even use rotary encoders in place of resistive
>>> pots? I don't know.
>
>> I can't think of any desk that doesn't.
>
> Rotary encoders are not used for the faders on digital consoles.

I think it`s fairly obvious that a rotary encoder and a fader are two
different devices. The clue is in the name!

Ron
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: we got a little snow