From: liquidator on

"bob urz" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>
> Bench techs i think your dead wrong. The electronics schools that used
> to teach tv repair and such are all long gone replaced by ITT tech and
> such thats mainly all about computers.

Good bench techs are scace as hen's teeth. I don't claim to be one, but my
stock has risen because the current crop is so bad...

I spent some time with a yougster walking him through basic
troubleshooting...he was wide eyed thru the whole exchange....

That was first year stuff way back when.

From: Arny Krueger on
"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 10/01/2010 13:04, Arny Krueger wrote:
>> "Phildo"<Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

>>> I can't think of any desk that doesn't.
>>
>> Rotary encoders are not used for the faders on digital
>> consoles.

> I think it`s fairly obvious that a rotary encoder and a
> fader are two different devices. The clue is in the name!

I guess you aren't aware of the fact that there have been consoles with
linear faders based on rotary resistive encoders, AKA regular
potentiometers.

From: Bmoas on
On Jan 10, 2:46 pm, "Arny Krueger" <ar...(a)hotpop.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <r...(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

> > On 10/01/2010 13:04, Arny Krueger wrote:
> >> "Phildo"<P...(a)phildo.net>  wrote in message

> >> Rotary encoders are not used for the faders on digital
> >> consoles.
> > I think it`s fairly obvious that a rotary encoder and a
> > fader are two different devices.  The clue is in the name!
>
> I guess you aren't aware of the fact that there have been consoles with
> linear faders based on rotary resistive encoders, AKA regular
> potentiometers.- Hide quoted text -

I guess you (arnii)arn't aware that well over 95% of live sound mixing
consoles have PFL metering
George
From: Ron on
On 11/01/2010 13:29, Bmoas wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2:46 pm, "Arny Krueger"<ar...(a)hotpop.com> wrote:
>> "Ron"<r...(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

>>> I think it`s fairly obvious that a rotary encoder and a
>>> fader are two different devices. The clue is in the name!
>>
>> I guess you aren't aware of the fact that there have been consoles with
>> linear faders based on rotary resistive encoders, AKA regular
>> potentiometers.- Hide quoted text -

> I guess you (arnii)arn't aware that well over 95% of live sound mixing
> consoles have PFL metering
> George

I`m intrgued as to exactly what a 'linear rotary resistive encoder
potentiometer fader is myself!
From: Arny Krueger on

> I`m intrgued as to exactly what a 'linear rotary
> resistive encoder potentiometer fader is myself!

First quote what I actually said, not your abortion of it.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: we got a little snow
Next: R&R hall of fame show