From: globular on
Craig Welch wrote:
> globular wrote:
>
>> Wondering how many of the web site hosters allow you to use telnet
>> access or something like it to set up scripts, or programs like gnupg.
>
> I failed to mention the obvious, that we (and most Linux hosts) have gpg
> set up as standard.

gnupg was set up but no pgp at all. It was futile expecting to use pgp.
I had never heard of gnupg before. There are costs with using pgp
aren't there. I once tried using source code of some kind of European
RSA or whatever it was. But worried about the proprietary costs coming
after me.
From: Rod Speed on
Craig Welch wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Craig Welch wrote
>>> Jerry wrote

>>> You can't. All web hosts have down time. Components fail.

>> It is however perfectly possible to ensure that component failure isnt visible to users of the system.

> That's true for some components. Not all.

Its perfectly possible to do it for all with completely dedundant sites etc.

> I'll repeat. All web hosts have down time. All.

You can repeat that pathetic little mantra till you are blue in the face if you like, its a lie.

From: Rod Speed on
Craig Welch wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Craig Welch wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> That's true for some components. Not all.

>> Its perfectly possible to do it for all with completely dedundant sites etc.

>>> I'll repeat. All web hosts have down time. All.

>> You can repeat that pathetic little mantra till you are blue in the face if you like, its a lie.

> Please name one that has never had down time. One will do.

Irrelevant to what is perfectly possible if they want to do it that expensively.

From: globular on
Craig Welch wrote:
> globular wrote:
>> Craig Welch wrote:

>>> I failed to mention the obvious, that we (and most Linux hosts) have
>>> gpg set up as standard.
>>>
>> gnupg was set up but no pgp at all. It was futile expecting to use pgp.
>> I had never heard of gnupg before. There are costs with using pgp
>> aren't there. I once tried using source code of some kind of European
>> RSA or whatever it was. But worried about the proprietary costs
>> coming after me.
>
> I'm not sure what your issue is. gpg is a free alternative to pgp.

I had no access to pgp when I was looking for something.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: speaking of Telstra
Next: Compaq Presario CQ5226UK-M