From: Robert Bernardo on
On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Simon Scott wrote:

> Works on my aussie gear, the monitor is a 1084SP1AU.
>
> He should also try the VIC experience side - it messes with VIC timings and
> palette....
>
> But yeh, if he could get Risen from Oblivion working 100% on this thing Ill
> be interested. I just bought a flyback to fix my spare 1084S tho :)

Thanks for the info. I'll forward your message to Allan. :-)

FCUG celebrating 25 years,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
From: David Murray on
You know.. it might not be that hard to get a C128's RGB working on a
VGA monitor. A thought just occurred to me. Since I did a lot of work
on the playstation PS-One LCD screen (See my website here:
http://galaxy22.dyndns.org/shuttlecraft/psone_lcd/index.html ) one of
the things I realized is that a lot of modern gaming machines such as
the Playstation and Xbox actually output an analog RGB signal very
similar to that of the Amiga. After all, as you can see a monitor
designed for a playstation works on an Amiga or Apple-IIgs with no
modifications. Well, some of those boxes designed to hook a VGA
monitor up to your Playstation use the playstation's RGB output. Not
all of them do, but the nicer ones do. Of course, it is hard to tell
which ones do and don't because all you see is the A/V cable that plugs
into the machine. But I would imagine one of these devices would
easily display an Amiga output on a VGA monitor. Well, I saw a
schematic the other day showing a very simple circuit for converting a
digital RGB signal into an analog one. So, seems like you could
convert the 128's display to analog, and use a playstation VGA box to
display it on a VGA monitor.

From: Jim Brain on
Joseph Fenn wrote:

> I'll believe it when I see it in my hands and if it truly does
> what its supposed to do

Then why keep asking about it in here?

Joe: I heard it was going to be out in Feb 06. What gives?
Robert: Just got off the phone with someone who would know. Here's some
details.
Joe: I refuse to believe that until I get one.

Pretty pointless exchange, if you ask me.

My main gripe with this is, unless Allan has taken your money, it
shouldn't matter if he never delivers the product. Running him down and
such is pointless. If he has and you're more than mildly curious, ask
Allan directly, especially if you're going to ignore valid information
posted in here anyway.

Jim

From: Jim Brain on
Robert Bernardo wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Joseph Fenn wrote:
>
>> If that be true, just where does one get one of these S-video to VGA
>> adapters.
>
> Uh, Joe, it's not out yet. Refer to my previous message.

Joe meant the NTSC->VGA converters you can buy all over.

>> Please clarify if such is true! Clarify a source.

Joe, just do search for "NTSC to VGA" and pick a low cost box to buy.

Jim
From: Anders Carlsson on
Jim Brain <brain(a)jbrain.com> writes:

> Joe meant the NTSC->VGA converters you can buy all over.

For the record, there are RGB/CGA to VGA converters too, but
they may not be cheap. If you find one around $100, you
probably scored a good deal?

http://www.converters.tv/products/converters/rgb_converters/41.html

I'm not sure if CBM=VGA is supposed to be much more sophisticated
than a general RGB to VGA converter.

--
Anders Carlsson