From: Olaf Rabbachin on
Hi,

Family Tree Mike wrote:

> It appears that you need to manually refresh the page to see updates on
> those pages. Hopefully I'm just missing something...

yep, that page doesn't seem to be "ajaxified".

I'm just wondering how (of if) MS will manage the additional load on their
forums when the NNTP-NGs have been closed. I've been using the forums for
less than a year and there's numerous problems, like the alerts either not
working or coming with a long delay, or the servers simply not responding
at all (like right now) ...

Cheers,
Olaf
From: Andrew Morton on
Olaf Rabbachin wrote:
> I'm just wondering how (of if) MS will manage the additional load on
> their forums when the NNTP-NGs have been closed.

From this note I assume they're adding hardware:
"Forums and Profile for Microsoft, MSDN, TechNet, Answers, and Expression
sites will be intermittently offline from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (PDT) on
May 21, 2010, for system upgrades. During this time, users will not be able
to access the sites or may experience intermittent error messages. We
apologize in advance for the inconvenience."

--
Andrew

From: Olaf Rabbachin on
Hi,

Andrew Morton wrote:

>> I'm just wondering how (of if) MS will manage the additional load on
>> their forums when the NNTP-NGs have been closed.
>
> From this note I assume they're adding hardware:
> "Forums and Profile for Microsoft, MSDN, TechNet, Answers, and Expression
> sites will be intermittently offline from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (PDT) on
> May 21, 2010, for system upgrades. During this time, users will not be able
> to access the sites or may experience intermittent error messages. We
> apologize in advance for the inconvenience."

yep, I saw that too. However, the servers weren't responding on late 5/19
PDT (which is early 5/20 here on GMT+2), but maybe it was just someone
being to eager ... :-)

Cheers,
Olaf