From: xTenn on
glenny via PocketPCJunkies.com wrote:
> Barnabas Collins wrote:
>>> plz help,I have a windows mobile 5.0 and I use to be able to save any images
>>> and now when I go to save an image it says; ''error:unable to save file''
>>> how do I fix this? plz, plz, plz help!!
>>> thanks
>> What kind of image are you trying to save? Maybe you need a program
>> like Imageer? (SPD Software)
>

> it won't let me save any kind of pictures (jpegs. etc) the thing is it
> always use to let me save all images

Maybe you are just out of memory. Open up Pocket Internet explorer, go
to menu/tools/options/memory and click on the "delete Files" button to
empty the cache. IF you are a typical user this should free up a lot of
space, then retry. If this works then investigate why you are running
out of space - maybe because of all of those image saves that worked in
the past? ;)

Now, in the off chance that you are trying to use MultiIE or similar
with Pocket IE in order to save the image, then refresh the page
(menu\refresh and try it again.

IF it is Pocket IE you are using and you have the reg tweak to save the
IE cache on the SD card check it for problems and/or move the cache back
to memory and yes - try it again.

Good Luck
From: glenny via PocketPCJunkies.com on
xTenn wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> it won't let me save any kind of pictures (jpegs. etc) the thing is it
>> always use to let me save all images
>
>Maybe you are just out o
f memory. Open up Pocket Internet explorer, go
>to menu/tools/options/memory and click on the "delete Files" button to
>empty the cache. IF you are a typical user this should free up a lot of
>space, then retry. If this works then investigate why you are running
>out of space - maybe because of all of those image saves that worked in
>the past? ;)
>
>Now, in the off chance that you are trying to use MultiIE or similar
>with Pocket IE in order to save the image, then refresh the page
>(menu\refresh and try it again.
>
>IF it is Pocket IE you are using and you have the reg tweak to save the
>IE cache on the SD card check it for problems and/or move the cache back
>to memory and yes - try it again.
>
>Good Luck

I thought that this really was going to work, but it still won't let me save
images thanks a lot though for your ideas,I apreciate it,thanxs

From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
go to start/settings/system/memory and post _all_ of the memory
information you find back here and we will be better able to help.

It _sounds_ as if you have filled your device with pictures and other
files... if so, there are many solutions and options, but we can't see
your device from here...

....but, we don't even know what device it is plus you have posted two
different os versions... help us help you.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
From: glenny via PocketPCJunkies.com on
Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
>go to start/settings/system/memory and post _all_ of the memory
>information you find back here and we will be better able to help.
>
>It _sounds_ as if you have filled your device with pictures and other
>files... if so, there are many solutions and options, but we can't see
>your device from here...
>
>...but, we don't even know what device it is plus you have posted two
>different os versions... help us help you.
>
>Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

my memory settings info is: 'storage memory'=
total memory-32mb
in use-11mb
free-24mb

my device is an; HP ipaq rx 1950 series
if u need ant more information please feel free to ask & ill leu know
thanks

From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
>> if u need ant more information please feel free to ask & ill leu know <<

Do you have (or did you have) a storage card installed and what are the
memory stats for it... (same place)

for example, it could be that the camera program is trying to send the
images there rather than main memory. Open the camera app, find an
"options" or "preferences" menu and see if you can find the image
storage location and post that here.

Additionally, 24megs is not much memory if you are saving large images,
so, confirm that you have the problem saving just a single image.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]