From: Howard on
David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> If you don't have and will never have multiple user accounts, it is a
> moot point.

Tks for all that vey intereting advice David. Appreciate it.

Howard
From: Paul Womar on
Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:

> Ok this morning I logged into the Guest Account I created. I set the
> password as nothing to make it easier.

> I could open ALL folders including admin folders and all of my own very
> personal files within that folder.... in fact I could open
> EVERYthing........

Is the box ticked to "Allow user to administer this computer" ?
--
-> The email address used in this message *IS* valid <-
From: Howard on
Paul Womar <{$PW$}@womar.co.uk> wrote:

> Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok this morning I logged into the Guest Account I created. I set the
> > password as nothing to make it easier.
>
> > I could open ALL folders including admin folders and all of my own very
> > personal files within that folder.... in fact I could open
> > EVERYthing........
>
> Is the box ticked to "Allow user to administer this computer" ?

No.

From: zoara on
Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:
> Paul Womar <{$PW$}@womar.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok this morning I logged into the Guest Account I created. I set the
>>> password as nothing to make it easier.
>>
>>> I could open ALL folders including admin folders and all of my own
> > > very
>>> personal files within that folder.... in fact I could open
>>> EVERYthing........
>>
>> Is the box ticked to "Allow user to administer this computer" ?
>
> No.

This is a bit weird.

Where are all your personal folders? If they're not in your home folder
then other accounts may be able to see them (though they shouldn't be
able to open them).

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm
From: Howard on
zoara <me18(a)privacy.net> wrote:

> Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:
> > Paul Womar <{$PW$}@womar.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Is the box ticked to "Allow user to administer this computer" ?
> >
> > No.
>
> This is a bit weird.
>
> Where are all your personal folders? If they're not in your home folder
> then other accounts may be able to see them (though they shouldn't be
> able to open them).

In MacHD/Users/Admin

I thought these would be inaccessible ..