From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-24 20:33:59 +0100, Howard said:

> zoara <me18(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:

>>> No.
>>
>> This is a bit weird.
>>
>> Where are all your personal folders? If they're not in your home folder
>> then other accounts may be able to see them (though they shouldn't be
>> able to open them).
>>

> In MacHD/Users/Admin
>
> I thought these would be inaccessible ..

It depends absolutely on the permissions set on the directories and
files. There's nothing "magic" about the different user accounts which
makes them inaccessible (or not!) to each other.

OS X seems to make everyone's home directory readable and accessible
(but not writable) to everyone. This allows the Public and Sites
folders to be accessed.

All the other files and folders in people's home directories should
then be inaccessible to other users. This is partly defined by their
"umask", which is editable using the free TinkerTool.

Now all this might vary somewhat depending on which OS X release the
accounts were created in, as Apple's policy has changed over time.

But you can safely make things inside your home directory unreadable by
other users. Something like Batchmod is probably your best bet if
you're not overly comfortable with this stuff.

--
Chris