Prev: XP SP3
Next: Free FTP
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:4883549b$0$7332$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> 1930s model Gibson acoustic guitar. Well, today I got the guitar
> >> that my grand parents gave my uncle, back in the 1930s. It's been
> >> restored by the same luthier who did the red white and blue guitars
> >> for Buck Owens. It looks brand new, and plays better than either my
> >> Fender rosewood/spruce acoustic, or my Fender Stratocoustic guitars.
> >> I'll be using this in some upcoming song for sure. Because it has
> >> been restored, it's not a valuable collectible, but my cousin said if
> >> he hadn't had it restored, it would literally be in pieces. For me,
> >> the fact that is a family heirloom from the 30s, and a cool musical
> >> instrument that works and is usable for recording today, makes it
> >> more valuable than if it were just a original vintage 30s Gibson.
> >>
> >> http://members.cox.net/spambaconandspam/30s_Gibson.jpg
> >
> > Hot-diggity-dog!
> > Man, that's one fine lookin geetar. Can't wait to hear it.
>
> Thanks! :)
>
> Here's a little test I did this morning. It's got a great tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=67348
01

Mmmmmm.....Sweet as candy......even slightly out of tune <g>
It's got a nice round sound.

BTW, any *country* music was pretty much a no-no in my house, but I was a
closet Buck fan and always LOVED his red/white/blue geetar. Plus, how could
you not like the fine lookin' gals he was surrounded with ;)

Poly

From: Steve L. on
Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net>so you
saynews:Xns9AE17BCCC83D3BrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)69.16.185.250:

> I can see where something in great shape and factory original should
> have more value dollar wise, since it is a slice of preserved history.

That's a neat little guitar there. .. I used to have a j45 deluxe but i
had to hock it to pay the rent. it sounded really good to mej.. i think
of it often.. like every time i see it selling for 1600 new. I forget
what year this one was but my mom bought it for me in high school used
from a hock shop .. oh the irony.
well that was sometime it the seventies anyway. Great story behind yours
... I had a great uncle pass away but he didn't will me his hollow body
Gretsch .. dammit.....
Prolly go to his son who is only a little retarded and will never fully
appreciate it.

as far as using a slide .. I bet it would sound excellent.. Have joey
learn you to tune in open G if you don't know already.

From: polymod on

> In news:4883afd4$0$7340$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Thanks! :)
> >>
> >> Here's a little test I did this morning. It's got a great tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=67348
01

> > Mmmmmm.....Sweet as candy......even slightly out of tune <g>
> > It's got a nice round sound.
>
> It's real balanced tone wise, and plays like a dream.
>
> > BTW, any *country* music was pretty much a no-no in my house, but I
> > was a closet Buck fan and always LOVED his red/white/blue geetar.
> > Plus, how could you not like the fine lookin' gals he was surrounded
> > with ;)
>
> I was never a country fan but I would stop on that show when channel
> surfing, if I saw Roy Clark, Buck Owens, or Glen Campbell playing.
> They'd do some hot stuff now and then.

But the babes....what about the babes?
;););)

Poly

From: polymod on

> In news:Xns9AE1C381AFD69emailmemyemailaddy(a)208.49.82.60 the killer robot
> "Steve L." <emailme(a)myemail.addy> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> I can see where something in great shape and factory original should
> >> have more value dollar wise, since it is a slice of preserved
> >> history.
> >
> > That's a neat little guitar there. .. I used to have a j45 deluxe but
> > i had to hock it to pay the rent. it sounded really good to mej.. i
> > think of it often.. like every time i see it selling for 1600 new. I
> > forget what year this one was but my mom bought it for me in high
> > school used from a hock shop .. oh the irony.
>
> Dust to dust, pawnshop to pawnshop. ;)
>
> > well that was sometime it the seventies anyway. Great story behind
> > yours .. I had a great uncle pass away but he didn't will me his
> > hollow body Gretsch .. dammit.....
> > Prolly go to his son who is only a little retarded and will never
> > fully appreciate it.
>
> My cousin played, so this axe didn't go to waste all those years before it
> found it's way into my hands.
>
> > as far as using a slide .. I bet it would sound excellent.. Have joey
> > learn you to tune in open G if you don't know already.
>
> I don't know open G, but I'm sure Who??? can learn me it. ;)

OPEN G basic tuning:
D G D G B D

:)

Poly

From: Sue Morton on
Now THAT's a name I haven't heard in a long time. She dated (married?
can't recall!) a meteorologist named Harry Stockman, he was on KCRA and KXTV
in Sacto for years and years. I was dating his brother Eric at the time, so
our circles overlapped a bit. That's a blast from the past... :-)
--
Sue Morton

Glennbo wrote:
> Oh, I guess you mean more like Barbie Benton!!!
>
> http://www.barbibenton.nu/images/barbi05.jpg

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: XP SP3