Prev: XP SP3
Next: Free FTP
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:48846b63$0$7347$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> I was never a country fan but I would stop on that show when channel
> >> surfing, if I saw Roy Clark, Buck Owens, or Glen Campbell playing.
> >> They'd do some hot stuff now and then.
> >
> > But the babes....what about the babes?
> > ;););)
>
> This one? <GGG>
>
> http://www.luluroman.net/sitebuilder/images/hee_haw12-184x225.jpg

Well.....not really my cup of tea, but beauty is in the eyes of the
beholder.

> Oh, I guess you mean more like Barbie Benton!!!
> http://www.barbibenton.nu/images/barbi05.jpg

That's a bit better!
But this was more my taste.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/150135244_dbbcef65b5.jpg

;)

Hoooooowdy ! ! !

Poly

From: Zelix on
On Jul 19, 8:28 pm, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYour...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> 1930s model Gibson acoustic guitar.  Well, today I got the guitar that my
> grand parents gave my uncle, back in the 1930s.  It's been restored by the
> same luthier who did the red white and blue guitars for Buck Owens.  It
> looks brand new, and plays better than either my Fender rosewood/spruce
> acoustic, or my Fender Stratocoustic guitars.  I'll be using this in some
> upcoming song for sure.  Because it has been restored, it's not a valuable
> collectible, but my cousin said if he hadn't had it restored, it would
> literally be in pieces.  For me, the fact that is a family heirloom from
> the 30s, and a cool musical instrument that works and is usable for
> recording today, makes it more valuable than if it were just a original
> vintage 30s Gibson.
>
> http://members.cox.net/spambaconandspam/30s_Gibson.jpg

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

thats sweet, brotha. Damn I'm envious beyond words.
From: Scott Vita on

> I just got this pic in the mail from my cousin. It's my dad playing my
> new
> guitar with a couple of his friends. This pic was taken sometime in the
> 30s when that guitar was still brand new.
>
> http://members.cox.net/spambaconandspam/DadGuitar.jpg

That is really cool. I especially like that guitar because it's 14 frets to
the body. Great slide machine. You need to hit that thing with a real
bottleneck.

Scott Vita

From: Beav on

> 1930s model Gibson acoustic guitar. Well, today I got the guitar that my
> grand parents gave my uncle, back in the 1930s. It's been restored by the
> same luthier who did the red white and blue guitars for Buck Owens. It
> looks brand new, and plays better than either my Fender rosewood/spruce
> acoustic, or my Fender Stratocoustic guitars. I'll be using this in some
> upcoming song for sure. Because it has been restored, it's not a valuable
> collectible, but my cousin said if he hadn't had it restored, it would
> literally be in pieces. For me, the fact that is a family heirloom from
> the 30s, and a cool musical instrument that works and is usable for
> recording today, makes it more valuable than if it were just a original
> vintage 30s Gibson.
>
> http://members.cox.net/spambaconandspam/30s_Gibson.jpg

Beautiful, but why have it restored in the first place? Was it unplayable,
(warped, twissted, broken, etc) of merely "time worn"?

--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19

From: Scott Vita on

> I'm going to buy a slide, prolly this weekend and try some stuff. Do you
> generally use open tunings when you're playing slide? I know you've got
> a real resonator, so I figure you to be somewhat of an authority on
> what's the norm.

I generally use standard tuning for slide. It's tough at first, but if you
can get it happening in standard you'll find that open tunings are a breeze.

That said, I recommend you get yourself a comfortable slide and tune to
open D. You can get a feel that way just hitting one fret with all six notes
being correct.

In standard tuning you would want to use an A barre shape. It's a little
tougher because you have to move to hit the right notes across six strings
and damp out notes you don't want to sound.

First and foremost, work on getting a good clean note with good vibrato.
Picking with you fingers helps in this regard; you can mute unwanted strings
with the fingers of your picking hand. Duane Allman played slide picking
with his fingers, need I say more?

After MUCH experimentation I'm settled on this guy's real bottleneck
slides:

http://www.mrbsguitarslides.com/

They are cut from real bottlenecks and polished. Considering the time and
trouble of doing this yourself I't's much easier to buy one of these. I'd
recommend trying to find a local dealer to get the right fit, but trust me
these slides are killer. I think I paid $20 locally and I've been using it
constantly for a few years now.

I use my ring finger for slide but many choose to use their pinky. I just
can't control the slide as well with my pinky. The fit is important, so you
may want to figure that part out before you start test driving.

I also like this guy's slides:

http://www.silicasound.com/

I use one of these on electric guitar because it's a bit lighter. Again,
it's about $20.

You should dive into it Glennbo. That's a perfect slide guitar. I'll be here
for advice whenever you need it.

Scott Vita

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6