From: Carlos on
Thomas,
What makes you think that IE 32-bit is corrupted?
Any error messages?
Have you tried disabling add-ons?
Add-ons can be managed via Tools, Manage Add-ons.
Carlos

From: Dennis Pack on
Thomas:
Following " A way that may work is to remove then add IE through turn
on/off Windows
components." After removing IE8 reboot the computer then add IE8 back the
same way that it was removed.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

From: Thomas Giammo on
As I answered earlier:

It is behaving erratically. For example, when I bring up the Google site in
the 32 bit MSIE, keying in a search term becomes a hit or miss affair, with
the typing extremely slow and with some letters not appearing at all when
typed.

As I said, this is not a problem on the 64bit version. In addition, my wife
also has a WIN 7 64bit machine and there is no problem in entering in Google
search terms on either her 32bit MSIE 8 or 64 bit MSIE 8.

Following your advice, I disabled all of my add-ons in the 32bit version -
and it did not help.

Tom Giammo

From: Thomas Giammo on
Dennis:

I removed IE8 feature; rebooted; confirmed than 32bit MSIE8 had been removed
from C:\program files (x86); added IE8 feature back; rebooted again;
confirmed that 32bit MSIE8 was again in C:\program files (x86); brought up
google.com; - but still could not type in query statements completely.

It appeared as though the very same copy of the 32bit MSIE 8 had been
restored - same size, same 7/13/2009 file dates. There must be some way to
be sure that I'm getting and installing a new copy.

From: Thomas Giammo on
To those who have been trying to help me:

I was wrong in thinking that I had disabled all the 32bit MSIE8 add-ons.
There were still a number left. I went back and got rid of those that I did
not recognize, but my problems were not eliminated.

I then transferred my wife's copy of her 32bit MSIE8 program to my machine
and then ran it from a folder other than C:\program files (x86). I still
had the same problems on my machine. Surprisingly, the list of remaining
add-ons shown from her copy was identical to what I had left on my original
copy of my own 32bit MSIE8 - so they must be stored somewhere in the
registry rather than been associated with a specific copy of the program
itself.

I got to quit for now. I'll go back tomorrow and try something else.

Tom Giammo