From: Kerry Brown on
Instead of disabling the add-ons run IE in no add-ons mode.

All Programs => Accessories => System Tools => Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons)

This will ensure that there really is no add-ons running.

Have you considered that a tool bar may be causing the problem. Try
uninstalling all the toolbars. It could also be malware. Have you scanned
for malware? I see where someone suggested you lower the cache size. I don't
see anywhere in the thread where you tried this. The default in IE8 is 50MB.
Set the cache to 50MB, delete all cookies and Temporary Internet files, exit
IE then open it again.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

From: PA Bear [MS-MVP] on
Thomas, I've read all posts in your thread to-date. I'm also replying
at R.C. White's request.

First, see...

Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer (Win7)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer

Was the computer upgraded to Win7 64-bit or is it a new computer?

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE8 32-bit in No Add-ons
mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

NB: Starting in No Add-ons mode is NOT the same as "disabling all add-
ons."

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE8 32-bit Advanced settings
(RIES) & reboot?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
this machine?

5. Did a Norton or McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer
when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated
it.)

========================
You will find support for Internet Explorer in this MS forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista
64-bit SP2; Win7 64-bit) as well as your current IE version (e.g.,
IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Sandi.

Great to see you here! Thanks for the help.

Too bad these groups' days are numbered. THIS one is living on borrowed
time; it was scheduled for closure August 1. We're hoping it stays up
forever - or at least until we can convince The Powers That Be at Microsoft
that we need a comparable 64-bit Windows forum to keep this special
Community intact and functioning.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Sandi Hardmeier" wrote in message

"R. C. White" <rc(a)grandecom.net> wrote in news:e91gyQPOLHA.6108
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

> I'll ask some more-tech-savvy MVPs to see if they have any clues.

Hey R.C. Well done getting me back in the groups after all this time ;)

Sandi &c.

From: Carlos on
The Force is strong (Master Yoda). I can feel the Force between us.
:)
Carlos

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
> typing extremely slow and with some letters not appearing at all when
> typed.

Some users found that that symptom was due to their fingerprint reader
software and unfortunately not controllable by No Add-ons mode or even RIES.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---