From: RobertB on
On Dec 27, 10:17 am, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> I can personally vouch for Dave, and I do.

I second that. Dave is quite a C= person and maintains
the Lt. Kernal "knowledge base". Without his contributions,
the information on the Lt. Kernal would have been lost
forever.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
From: Jim Brain on
On 12/28/2009 12:49 AM, RobertB wrote:
> On Dec 27, 10:17 am, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>
>> I can personally vouch for Dave, and I do.
>
> I second that. Dave is quite a C= person and maintains
> the Lt. Kernal "knowledge base". Without his contributions,
> the information on the Lt. Kernal would have been lost
> forever.

It sounds like those who know him might want to drop him a line and
point out the issue with using the eBay communication system in this way.

As a seller, I can understand the concern raised. Trying to be a good
merchant, you work very hard to prioritize such questions (often writing
rules to catch specific eBay verbiage in titles and sending them to
special mailboxes for immediate followup) in order to respond to them as
soon as possible (especially so if the auction is close to ending). If
the question is just a general comment or suggestion, it's keeping the
seller from answering potentially important questions from potential buyers.

If he should desire to send general commentary to the seller, there is a
link on the "Seller Info Page" that can be used, and it uses a different
title that can be excluded from message filters/rules.

Jim
From: redrumloa on
On Dec 27, 12:19 pm, Dragos <mglad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone ever had this guy ask a million questions on your auctions then
> NEVER BID ON ANYTHING?

He has been a repeat buyer from me for almost a decade, never had a
problem. Better to ask questions before hand IMO.
From: Dragos on
On Dec 28, 8:33 am, redrumloa <amiga...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 12:19 pm, Dragos <mglad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone ever had this guy ask a million questions on your auctions then
> > NEVER BID ON ANYTHING?
>
> He has been a repeat buyer from me for almost a decade, never had a
> problem. Better to ask questions before hand IMO.

Apparently you did not READ what I typed. Clearly my problem is not
with REAL QUESTIONS.

Tell me how this is a "question"

"You keep coming up with Great Commodore items! You must be getting
rid of your Commodore collection?

Thanks for offering these high-end items!!!

- 94bravo"

again, I do not need SPAM in my ebay inbox.

I do not care if this guy is the second coming, spamming me through
ebay is unacceptable!

From: eBay_94Bravo on
First, let me say Thank You to all who have supported me in this tirade. It's appreciated.

As for this person's posting about a reasonable eBay procedure to determine a Seller's connection to their auction, I advise all my contacts that:

(1) If they are interested in an eBay auction, send an email to the Seller and see their response. (Email Blocks will never receive a response, e.g., AOL settings)

(2) If their response never directly answers your question, decide whether or not you want to risk a bid.

(3) If you see an item on eBay that you already have and are not necessarily interested in bidding on, don't hesitate to send an email to the Seller to either Compliment them on their auction or to include addition Wording that may help their auction - it's Usually received as a welcomed input by the Seller.

Most of us adhere to the concept that eBay is a Community and helping each other is what it's all about; don't you think so?

So, I think the original poster's misguided blog could have been better spent by including more information in their Auction Descriptions so that a potential Bidder would not have to have asked a technical question about the item in the first place. Also, it seems that some don't know how to take a Compliment?

eBay's 94Bravo...

---
frmsrcurl: http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.cbm/94bravo-on-ebay