From: Golan Klinger on
eBay_94Bravo wrote:

> As for this person's posting about a reasonable eBay procedure to
> determine a Seller's connection to their auction [...]

What does "determine a Seller's connection to their auction" mean? Seems to
me the connection is somewhat obvious. As for eBay's procedures, they provide
a link to, "Ask a question" rather than to "Compliment seller on the rarity
of their item" or "Start a conversation" etc.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.
From: iAN CooG on
eBay_94Bravo <user(a)compgroups.net/> wrote:
> Most of us adhere to the concept that eBay is a Community and helping
> each other is what it's all about; don't you think so?

Don't be silly, Ebay is NOT a community. Ebay is ONLY for selling/buying
stuff.
Go to facebook for that.

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
A feature is a bug with seniority.

From: Jim Brain on
On 12/28/2009 12:21 PM, eBay_94Bravo wrote:
> (3) If you see an item on eBay that you already have and are not necessarily interested in bidding on, don't hesitate to send an email to the Seller to either Compliment them on their auction or to include addition Wording that may help their auction - it's Usually received as a welcomed input by the Seller.

Since you're advising contacts about these things, I'd respectfully ask
you reconsider the above advice in relation to offering "compliments".
Additional wording sounds fine, but if compliments are to be sent, I'd
highly recommend using the correspondence link from the seller profile page.

Casual users of eBay probably won't mind either way, but recurring
sellers may grow weary of such use of the auction correspondence system.
If you know the seller outside of eBay, I'd actually recommend email
be sent via an alternate channel. That way, the seller can read/respond
to the accolades at their leisure.

Jim
From: eBay_94Bravo on
Thanks for your constructive comment, Jim. Point well taken.

Dave...

---
frmsrcurl: http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.cbm/94bravo-on-ebay
From: Dragos on
As icing on the cake the guy now thinks posting things I can prove he
said is libel. And how did he let me know this? the ebay
communication system.

Really.

I have 18 messages in ebay atm, all but one from this guy.