From: kado on
On Jan 4, 10:55 am, cjcountess <cjcount...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Even if you could travel at c, alongside light, it still would not be
> massless except in linear direction, just as a car moving at 30 mph
> would not have enough relative mass to hurt you if you were driving
> alongside it at the same speed and touched the front of it. That is
> why people can pass things back and forth through the window if they
> are driving at same speed next to each other.
>
> Conrad J Countess

You are confusing mass with momentum and/or inertia.
The reason people can pass things back and forth under these specific
conditions is that the uniform speed of both vehicles do not cause a
change of momentum of all the bodies of interest, and the only
change of momentum of the things passed back and forth are caused
by the people doing the passing back and forth.

Should both the vehicles not be moving uniformly, i.e., turning or
changing speed (that is, accelerating), the change of momentum
of both vehicles will also change the state inertia of both vehicles
and all within these vehicles. The conservation of inertia (i.e., the
colloquial, and really screwed up prevailing idea of centrifugal
force) of
the things passed from the inside of the turn (if turning) vehicle
will
make it easier for the people in this inside of the turn vehicle to
pass
the things to the other, whereas the people in the outside of the
turn
vehicle must not only apply the force to pass the things to the other
vehicle, but must also overcome the inertia of the things to continue
to move in a straight line.

All this is just plain Newtonian mechanics as explained in Newton's
Principia.

The empirical applied scientists and engineers have long accepted
that the Classical Newtonian Mechanics of mainline science does
not always explain and/or does not seem to apply on the everyday
dynamics of how the phenomena/events/things occur on Earth and
near space (i.e., within the scale of the human). Science has also
long known that Einstein's Relativity is not compatible with modern
quantum mechanics. That is; Special and General does not work
in the ream of the very small (particle physics), and that quantum
mechanics fail in the worlds of the very large (cosmology).
Furthermore, both Relativity and quantum mechanics seem really
bizarre in respect to Classical Newtonian Mechanics.

The photon is a concept of the particle nature of light. The rest
mass
is a concept of mass within Relativity. As the concepts within
quantum mechanics do not apply within Relativity, and visa versa,
you cannot ever logically use the rest, or gravitational, or inertial
mass (wherein mass increases as a function of gamma and tensor
mechanics apply) of Einstein to explain the photon. In fact; Einstein
was a staunch opponent of the Copenhagen Interpretation of
Quantum Mechanics, exemplified by his statement that: "God does
not play dice."

All this is more comprhensively explained in the copyrighted treatise
"The Search for Reality and the Truths".

D. Y. Kadoshima
From: cjcountess on
I appriciate your responce. It is logical, but not intirely complete.

Just becaues mainstream scientist have not yet united quantum, special
and general relitivity, does not mean that it has not been done. Some
of us non mainstream researchers have done it.
If you look at the equation (E=mc^2) geometricaly, it can be
interpreted as (E=mc^2circled), thereby unifying special relativity,
with general relativity as it reveals that c^2 is a frequency/
wavelength, at high end of EM spectrum, which can also be called the
energy/matter, as well as electromagnetic spectrum where energy turns
to matter because it takes on a circular and or spherical mode thereby
aquiring rest mass. Just as deBroglie discovered,(E=hf=mc^2), the
(hf), which is frequency measurement, = (mc^2) which is also frequency
measurment, in that (c^2) geometricaly can be interpreted as, (c in
linear direction x c in 90 degree angular diection), creating 90
degree arc trejectory, which if constant creates a circle of energy.
This is how energy turns to matter at c^2, unifying special and
general relativity and is = to (cx2pi) which = (hx2pi,) with momentum
inversely proportional = h/2pi, thereby also uniting quantum theory
with these.
G, the gravity constant in Newton's and general relativity, as (L/T^2)
= (c^2) which is the ultamate (L/T^2) on quantum level, and also = (h/
2pi) as energy in circular motion, as I stated earlier. And so (G =
c^2 = h/2pi), and (c = h). (E=mc^2) = (F=mv^2) and (E=hf/c^2) = (F=mv/
r^2) on quantum level, concerning 1 quantum particle directly, not
just analogously. Just as (h/2pi) and its inverse (hx2pi) represents
energy in circlar motion, it is easy to see that (r = h = c).

The quantum gravity problem has been solved, but mainstream physicist
do not seem ready to accept it yet, but that is ok because the
geometrical evidence is so clear and even corresponds to the equations
and it is not hard to prove.

Your book seems interesting and I will look at it. I have so much
evidence to back my proposition that I can argue it from many angles
which is what it might take because such a revolutionary idea and
discovery is bound to provoke oposition. But as I said, I do not mind
because the evidence is overwelming and there is realy no way around
it.

Conrad J Countess

From: kado on
On Jan 5, 6:58 am, cjcountess <cjcount...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I appriciate your responce. It is logical, but not intirely complete.

I in turn, appreciate that you seem to respect my ideas. I hope we
can keep this debate of the truths on the intellectual level, rather
than letting it degenerate into the personal level of trading insults
as others are so wont to do.

You are kind to mainline science by inferring that it "has not yet
caught up to your concepts." I am less kind, and maintain that
mainline science has what Isaac Newton presented in Principia so
screwed up that it will not ever 'catch up'. In other words; the
Classical Newtonian Mechanics of mainline science contains so
many canards, dogmas and misleading and/or false statements/
propositions/suppositions that it will not ever lead to, or be a part
of the path to the true understanding of the workings of the
universe.

A wise old sage said:

1. To find the truths, one must verify the ones you have.
2. The first step to knowledge is understanding the meaning of
the words.
3. The truth that you can put into words and pictures is not the
absolute truth.

So I postulate (i.e., state without further justification in the
vernacular of physics) that there are:

1. The Conditional truths, that are true under a specific set of
conditions and/or during a specific event at a particular point
in time, but false under others.
2. The Relative truths, that are true from a particular point of view
and/or a specific frame of reference, but untrue from others.
3. The Generalized truths, that are statistically (mathematically)
more probable to be true than not (i.e., 'educated guesses').
4. The Fundamental truths, that are the underlying truths upon
which all the other truths are based, and that are true all of the
time, under all conditions, and within or from any and all
perspectives, points of view, and/or frames of reference.

There is one more category that applies to this philosophical
task. The is the human subjective notion wherein an
approximation is qualified with the phrase "for all practical
purposes" (i.e., FAPP, an acronym coined by John S. Bell) and
this approximation is assumed so close to the truth that this can
be supposed a fact, thus accepted as a truth. Mainline science
often applies this reasoning to its suppositions, conclusions
and hypothesis without the qualifying FAPP. Furthermore, a lot
of mainline science's suppositions are violations of the principle
of the integration of approximations due to omitting the
qualifying FAPP.

Isaac Newton wrote Philosopiae Naturalis Principia Mathematical
(usually shortened to Principia) in Latin. So almost all who
study Principia read translations. These translations commonly
just translate the words Newton wrote, and do not correctly
interpret the then, and still new and novel ideas and concepts
presented in Principia. Therefore much as been lost in the
translations.

A prior post in this thread stated that momentum has not yet been
defined. NOT TRUE. Newton defined momentum in DEFINITION II
of the first section of Principia that he called the Definitions. He
wrote (with all the Latin words translated into English except the
Latin word motu):

The quantity of motu is the measure of the same, arising from the
velocity and quantity of matter conjointly.

In other words; motu is velocity times mass. It is momentum (p)
that is mass (m) times velocity (v), or p = mv. Motion (i.e., a
change of position) is not, and cannot be connoted mv.

Ever since Alexander Motte mistranslated the Latin word motu
and all tenses and derivations (i.e., motus, motum, etc.) as
synonymous with the Latin word movendi, all subsequent
translators continue this error.

So Isaac Newton did not write the Three Laws of Motion, but
formulated the Three Laws of Momentum. Nevertheless, it may be
clearer to think of these Laws as The Three Laws of the Change or
Changes of Momentum. However, one cannot just replace all the
words of motion within Principia into momentum, because Newton
also employed the Latin word movendi (that is correctly translated
as motion) throughout Principia.

This is not the only mistranslation that invalidates the current
Classical Newtonian Mechanics of mainline science. Newton's
very significant Third Law of Momentum is also severely twisted and
misconstrued due to a simple mistranslation and the fuzzy logic
James C. Maxwell. Furthermore, Newton's Second Law is not
F = ma.

Newton's Definitions are his postulates. Mainline science derives
the definitions the words in Newton's Definitions from its incorrect
ideas of the three laws motion. In other words, mainline science
wonts to work backwards. This is significant because the
Classical Newtonian Mechanics does not have the Three Laws of
Momentum right.

It's really hard to explain if a particular idea is true or not,
except
in a case by case manner, because many are conditional/relative
truths tied to other conditional or relative truths. The only truths
that humans can accept as undeniably true are those empirically
demonstrated as natural phenomenon by Nature. Nevertheless
these are almost always conditional and/or relative truths.

D. Y. K.

From: Androcles on

<kado(a)nventure.com> wrote in message

He
wrote (with all the Latin words translated into English except the
Latin word motu):

The quantity of motu is the measure of the same, arising from the
velocity and quantity of matter conjointly.

In other words; motu is velocity times mass. It is momentum (p)
that is mass (m) times velocity (v), or p = mv. Motion (i.e., a
change of position) is not, and cannot be connoted mv.

Newton: Si vis aliqua motum quemvis generat; dupla duplum, tripla triplum
generabit,

Motte: If any force generates a motion, a double force will generate double
the motion, a triple force triple the motion,

Hence n(F) = n(dp/dt),

motion = dp/dt.

In other words; motion is a change of momentum, not a change of position as
you claim.

A wise old sage said:
1. To find the truths, one must verify the ones you have.

Your words are not verified.

From: kado on
On Jan 6, 1:27 am, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_r> wrote:
> <k...(a)nventure.com> wrote in message

> He
> wrote (with all the Latin words translated into English except the
> Latin word motu):
>
> The quantity of motu is the measure of the same, arising from the
> velocity and quantity of matter conjointly.
>
> In other words; motu is velocity times mass. It is momentum (p)
> that is mass (m) times velocity (v), or p = mv. Motion (i.e., a
> change of position) is not, and cannot be connoted mv.
>
> Newton: Si vis aliqua motum quemvis generat; dupla duplum, tripla triplum
> generabit,
>
> Motte:  If any force generates a motion, a double force will generate double
> the motion, a triple force triple the motion,
>
> Hence n(F) = n(dp/dt),
>
> motion = dp/dt.
>
> In other words; motion is a change of momentum, not a change of position as
> you claim.
>
> A wise old sage said:
> 1. To find the truths, one must verify the ones you have.
>
> Your words are not verified.

Your quote is from the elaboration of Law II, not that in the first
'chapter'
titled Definitions.You do not seem to realize that the definitions of
Newton
are his postulates, and that his Laws of Momentum are based on his
postulates. (So if you deviate from Newton's Definitions, you are in
truth,
deviating from the mechanics presented in Principia.)

In both Cajori's 1934 translation and the latest translation of
Principia by
Cohen and Whitman, Newton's definitions are in italics. (I can't find
my
copy of Motte's translation right now to verify if Motte also
italicized the
definition.) Moreover, elaboration in Cajori's translation within the
'chapter'
titled Definitions is:

The motion of the whole is the sum of the motions (read momentum) of
all the
parts; and therefore in a body double in quantity, with equal
velocity, the
motion (read momentum) is double; with twice the velocity, it is
quadruple.

This elaboration in the latest translation of Principia by Cohen and
Whitman
titled 'The Principia' is slightly different in wording, but the
substance is
basically the same.

D. Y. K.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: float..my farts
Next: LHC Math gives a Doomsday.