From: Y.Porat on
On Dec 27, 1:59 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/26/09 5:42 PM, Spencer Spindrift wrote:
>
> > Q.: How is it that a photon has momentum but no mass?
> >        Or in other words how does light carry energy?
> >        As far as I know momentum is a property of moving or spinning
> > mass.
> >        A photon cannot have mass or it would be infinite at C..
>
> > A.; ???
>
>    Some properties of photons based on measurements
>    For inertial observers, photons propagate at c
>
>    From the quantum mechanical perspective
>
>      1. photons are emitted (by charged particles)
>      2. photons propagate at c
>      3. photons are absorbed (by charged particles)
>
>    Photon momentum
>      p = hν/c = h/λ
>
>    Photon Energy
>      E = hν
>
>    Particle Chart - Standard Model
>      http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~heroux/images/Particle_chart.jpg
>
>    Conservation of momentum holds. One way to measure photon
>    momentum is to it to measure the change in momentum of what
>    absorbs or emits a photon.

-------------------
the Planck constant HAS MASS !!
got it parrot orchestra conductor !!

so go parrot your 'partitura'
Y.P
-----------------
From: Ste on
On 28 Dec, 07:44, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> THE PHOTON HAS MASS !!

Of course the photon has mass. All energy has mass.
From: Inertial on

"Y.Porat" <y.y.porat(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 27, 1:59 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/26/09 5:42 PM, Spencer Spindrift wrote:
>>
>> > Q.: How is it that a photon has momentum but no mass?
>> > Or in other words how does light carry energy?
>> > As far as I know momentum is a property of moving or spinning
>> > mass.
>> > A photon cannot have mass or it would be infinite at C..
>>
>> > A.; ???
>>
>> Some properties of photons based on measurements
>> For inertial observers, photons propagate at c
>>
>> From the quantum mechanical perspective
>>
>> 1. photons are emitted (by charged particles)
>> 2. photons propagate at c
>> 3. photons are absorbed (by charged particles)
>>
>> Photon momentum
>> p = hν/c = h/λ
>>
>> Photon Energy
>> E = hν
>>
>> Particle Chart - Standard Model
>> http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~heroux/images/Particle_chart.jpg
>>
>> Conservation of momentum holds. One way to measure photon
>> momentum is to it to measure the change in momentum of what
>> absorbs or emits a photon.
>
> -------------------
> the Planck constant HAS MASS !!

No .. it has DIMENSIONS of mass. It doesn't HAVE mass .. it would need to
be an actual physical entity to have mass. All it is is a numerical
relationship between energy and frequency (and occurs in a number of
formulas) .. the dimensions of it are simply what is required to make
dimensional analysis work for the formula that expresses that
proportionality.

> got it parrot orchestra conductor !!

Clearly you don't, and instead think that 'h' having dimensions of mass
(among others) is somehow significant, and that saying it somehow acts like
a magical incantation to refute the statements he made. Odd.

From: Y.Porat on
On Dec 28, 1:44 pm, Ste <ste_ro...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 Dec, 07:44, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > THE PHOTON HAS MASS !!
>
> Of course the photon has mass. All energy has mass.

----------------
good for you!
just tell it to all idiotic parrots
energy is
mass in motion!!
exactly as in macrocosm !!!

not to mention that mass is
in the dimensions of energy !!
ATB
Y.Porat
-----------------------
From: Y.Porat on
On Dec 28, 2:04 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> >>    Some properties of photons based on measurements
> >>    For inertial observers, photons propagate at c
>
> >>    From the quantum mechanical perspective
>
> >>      1. photons are emitted (by charged particles)
> >>      2. photons propagate at c
> >>      3. photons are absorbed (by charged particles)
>
> >>    Photon momentum
> >>      p = hν/c = h/λ
>
> >>    Photon Energy
> >>      E = hν
>
> >>    Particle Chart - Standard Model
> >>      http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~heroux/images/Particle_chart.jpg
>
> >>    Conservation of momentum holds. One way to measure photon
> >>    momentum is to it to measure the change in momentum of what
> >>    absorbs or emits a photon.
>
> > -------------------
> > the Planck constant  HAS MASS !!
>
> No .. it has DIMENSIONS of mass.  It doesn't HAVE mass .. it would need to
> be an actual physical entity to have mass.  All it is is a numerical
> relationship between energy and frequency (and occurs in a number of
> formulas) .. the dimensions of it are simply what is required to make
> dimensional analysis work for the formula that expresses that
> proportionality.
>
> > got it parrot orchestra conductor !!
>
> Clearly you don't, and instead think that 'h' having dimensions of mass
> (among others) is somehow significant, and that saying it somehow acts like
> a magical incantation to refute the statements he made.  Odd.

psychopath Feuerbacher
go discuss with Goebbels not with me
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11