From: David H. Lipman on
From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net>

| On Mar 28, 1:08 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
| wrote:
>> From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8...(a)xoxy.net>

>> | McAfee is soon to end. I want to replace it with good free programme.

>> | I was think of installing AVAST.

>> | Should I consider any competitors?

>> | Thanks

>> Avira AntiVir

>> --
>> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

| Better than AVAST?

Definitely as well as Microsoft Security Essentials.
--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> Here's one to consider! :)
>
> Do you expect that anyone who knows your posting history would take your
> advice on computer security matters?

That's a peculiar comment.

If you think I have *ever* given misleading advice, cite an example.

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net>
>
> | On Mar 28, 1:08 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
> | wrote:
>>> From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8...(a)xoxy.net>

>>> Avira AntiVir
>
>>> --
>>> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>>> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
>
> | Better than AVAST?
>
> Definitely as well as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Better provide some proof of that assertion, Mr Lipman.

The world is watching and waiting for your 'proof'

--
Dave BD
From: Lol on

"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> species8350 wrote:
>> McAfee is soon to end. I want to replace it with good free programme.
>>
>> I was think of installing AVAST.
>>
>> Should I consider any competitors?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> Here's one to consider! :)
>
> About Microsoft Security Essentials
> ***********************************
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home
> PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials is a *free* download from Microsoft that is
> simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be
> assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It�s easy to tell
> if your PC is secure � when you�re green, you�re good. It�s that simple.
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the
> background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you
> want�without interruptions or long computer wait times.
>
> Learn more at the Microsoft Malware Protection Center
>
> **
>
> Detail and download here:-
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us
>

> HTH
>
> --
> Dave

Though I'm usually the last to recommend MS software, in fixing a friends PC
MBAM AVAST and SAS failed to remove all nasties but MSE did the job.
I was surprised - maybe a one off experience but I'd try it again now!
lol

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
~BD~ wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> ~BD~ wrote:
>>> Here's one to consider! :)
>>
>> Do you expect that anyone who knows your posting history would take
>> your advice on computer security matters?
>
> That's a peculiar comment.
>
> If you think I have *ever* given misleading advice, cite an example.

I didn't say you give misleading advice. You rarely give any advice at
all. What you do is constantly post/crosspost/multipost the material of
*others* (frequently dragging unrelated groups into the thread), and
then ask silly questions about it.

Are you being treated for Anankastic personality disorder? Should you
be?

"What do *you* think about it?"

--
-bts