From: Nomen Nescio on

"~BD~" <BloatedDave(a)yidmail.co.uk> wrote:
> In *your* post - "and I have know way ..."

No nose knows nos like a bignose nose knows nos!

From: Lol on

"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> species8350 <not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net> wrote:
>
>>I was think of installing AVAST.
>>

> Avast works for me. I wish their user interface didn't leave me
> scratching my
> head, though.

Experts like us soon work out that clicking a few things at random
eventually kick it off. And that if click quickly it will look as though we
understand what we are doing...

Lol

From: FromTheRafters on
"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> FromTheRafters wrote:
>> "species8350"<not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Thanks for the info so far.
>>
>> To date: AVIRA and MSE seem to be worth a look.
>>
>> Any advace?
>>
>> No advice from me.
>>
>> I use Avira's free version of AntiVir and Alwil's free version of
>> Avast!
>> (two laptops). I also have ClamWin as an on-demand scanner - just
>> because it entertains me to find FPs. Don't get me wrong, they *all*
>> FP
>> and ClamWin in my experience wasn't the worst offender. There is no
>> way
>> for me to know how each fared in detecting real malware, as I haven't
>> exposed them to very many samples. The only important metric in that
>> respect is the ratio of FPs to real detections in the real world, and
>> have know way of knowing that (not even the "independent" tests can
>> have
>> all of the HP and the IBM and the Gateway toolkit's and such in their
>> test sets).
>>

> I suspect that the OP meant *advance*
>
> 'n' e one can make an error!
>
> In *your* post - "and I have know way ..." ;-)

I have know way of no-ing? :o\

....any good grammar or syntax checkers available for OE? :o)

From: species8350 on
On Mar 29, 12:12 pm, "FromTheRafters" <erra...(a)nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:
> "~BD~" <.BoaterD...(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> > FromTheRafters wrote:
> >> "species8350"<not_here.5.species8...(a)xoxy.net>  wrote in message
>
> >> Thanks for the info so far.
>
> >> To date: AVIRA and MSE seem to be worth a look.
>
> >> Any advace?
>
> >> No advice from me.
>
> >> I use Avira's free version of AntiVir and Alwil's free version of
> >> Avast!
> >> (two laptops). I also have ClamWin as an on-demand scanner - just
> >> because it entertains me to find FPs. Don't get me wrong, they *all*
> >> FP
> >> and ClamWin in my experience wasn't the worst offender. There is no
> >> way
> >> for me to know how each fared in detecting real malware, as I haven't
> >> exposed them to very many samples. The only important metric in that
> >> respect is the ratio of FPs to real detections in the real world, and
> >> have know way of knowing that (not even the "independent" tests can
> >> have
> >> all of the HP and the IBM and the Gateway toolkit's and such in their
> >> test sets).
>
> > I suspect that the OP meant *advance*
>
> > 'n' e one can make an error!
>
> > In *your* post - "and I have know way ..." ;-)
>
> I have know way of no-ing? :o\
>
> ...any good grammar or syntax checkers available for OE? :o)- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to all for responding.

I now have some programmes to evaluate.

Best wishes

From: ~BD~ on
nobody > wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> Quite an interesting excercise. I think perhaps you have judged me
>> unfairly. Much of what I have done (and do) is designed to "confuse
>> the enemy" - it is not necessarily the *real* me who you see!
>
> So who's the enemy? Is it the other "me" we don't see?

Most certainly *not*!

<q/p>

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the FBI
and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), released the 2009
Annual Report about fraudulent activity on the Internet recently.

Online crime complaints increased substantially once again last year,
according to the report. The IC3 received a total of 336,655 complaints,
a 22.3 percent increase from 2008. The total loss linked to online fraud
was $559.7 million; this is up from $265 million in 2008.

<q/p>

Read more here: http://www.ic3.gov/media/2010/100312.aspx

**

Please educate yourself, here, too:-