From: Kevin Provance on

"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message
:
: You would probably need to be a bit more specific as to the problems you
are encountering. The
: figures you mention do not appear to approach any documented limitations.
See the following:
:
: http://www.databasedev.co.uk/access_specifications.html
:

Off topic. Trolling. Nothing new.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

From: David Kaye on
"Rene� A. Ferreira" <renee(a)ceel.com.ar> wrote:

>Table 1 - Two million records
>Table 2 - One million records
>Table 3 - One hundred thousand records.

The fact that Access is an extremely low-priced database it's amazing that it
works as well as it does. In fact, Microsoft thought that it worked too well
and spent a lot of time trying to get businesses to upsize to SQL Server.

I found that over about 500,000 records, it's necessarily to re-index daily in
order to keep the speed passable. This was for medical patient records being
sent over a network using ADO, so slowness was a given.

From: David Kaye on
"Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

>Actually, the real question is, how does any of this amount to a Visual
>Basic 6 issue? You did notice the name of the newsgroup, specifically the
>"vb" part, correct? This sound like something you should take up in one of
>the Access newsgroups.

The Jet engine is part of VB and Access 2000 is the recommended upgrade path
from the original Access shipped with VB6.

From: Rene� A. Ferreira on
What kind of clown so angry with a simple question?
There is no news group for access in spanish any more!

--
Rene� A. Ferreira
Ing. en Sistemas

From: Kevin Provance on

"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
:
: The Jet engine is part of VB and Access 2000 is the recommended upgrade
path
: from the original Access shipped with VB6.

Jet is a database. Access and VB (to some degree) is a database application
development tool. Access did not ship with VB6 (or any other version of VB
for that matter). You're confusing JET as Access, which is not the case.

What shipped with VB was the JET engine DLL file(s). Assuming the validity
of the wiki article is correct, no JET files shipped with VB6, VB5 being the
last version of VB that shipped JET (version 3.5). No version of Jet 4.0
shipped with VB and was the last version of JET to be shipped - aside from
service packs - before becoming superceded by MSDE. The only way to obtain
Jet 4.0 was Access 2000, SQL Server 7, the MDAC redist, or the stand alone
Jet 4.0 redist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Jet_Database_Engine

Again, get your facts straight before posting incorrect and misleading
information so others don't have to follow up and clean up your mess.