From: Cor on

> Different markets.
> Access is not designed for many user access over a network, SQL server is.
>
> --

The main different is that SQL Server is a Server (has its own IP address)
and Access does not have that and is in fact a file.

255 users is a limit which is related to the connection, for that is created
disconnected access currently.

Above 255 connected users an SQL database server would go, as far as my
information reach, go soon to its limits.

That disconnected approach is the main difference between DAO/ADO and
ADO.Net

However, as VB6 cannot use ADO.Net does that not make SQL Server direct
better for VB6.

For me it is the easier way to use SQL Server, like connecting, indexing,
making backups and more of that. Also the more complex normalized relations
in a database are easier to do with SQL Server than with Access.

I would not know why somebody would not use SQL Server Express in
combination with VB6 instead of MS Access.

In my perception there is nothing easier to use than a recordset direct with
pessimistic concurrency connected to the SQL Server Administrator or
likewise account with VB6.

Be aware the later for a simple database design likewise as in Access.

JMO

Cor

From: Henning on

"Cor" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> skrev i meddelandet

>> Different markets.
>> Access is not designed for many user access over a network, SQL server
>> is.
>>
>> --
>>
> The main different is that SQL Server is a Server (has its own IP address)
> and Access does not have that and is in fact a file.
>
> 255 users is a limit which is related to the connection, for that is
> created disconnected access currently.
>
> Above 255 connected users an SQL database server would go, as far as my
> information reach, go soon to its limits.
>
> That disconnected approach is the main difference between DAO/ADO and
> ADO.Net
>
> However, as VB6 cannot use ADO.Net does that not make SQL Server direct
> better for VB6.
>
> For me it is the easier way to use SQL Server, like connecting, indexing,
> making backups and more of that. Also the more complex normalized
> relations in a database are easier to do with SQL Server than with Access.
>
> I would not know why somebody would not use SQL Server Express in
> combination with VB6 instead of MS Access.
>
> In my perception there is nothing easier to use than a recordset direct
> with pessimistic concurrency connected to the SQL Server Administrator or
> likewise account with VB6.
>
> Be aware the later for a simple database design likewise as in Access.
>
> JMO
>
> Cor

Or use MySQL.

/Henning

From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:17:24 +0200, "Cor" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl>
wrote:

>255 users is a limit which is related to the connection, for that is created
>disconnected access currently.
>
>Above 255 connected users an SQL database server would go, as far as my
>information reach, go soon to its limits.

I'd only suggest 20 to 30 users who are updating/inserting records.
As many as you want inquiring and running reports.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Kevin Provance on
"Renei A. Ferreira" <renee(a)ceel.com.ar> wrote in message
:
: Again: What kind of clown so angry with a simple question?

No anger. Just pointing out the obvious. Access questions belong is Access
groups, not VB groups. You have never answered my question, probably
because you know I am correct here.

Would you take a Fiat into a Chevrolet dealership and ask them to repair it?

Please, answer me that one question.

And if you want anger, I can give you a preview of that...but you won't like
it.

By the way, it looks to me like cenn needs a girlfriend. He's spending too
much time getting off on stalking me, which tells me he needs another
outlet. You two should exchange information and hook up. It would give him
something else to do than spouting off broken English around here. Besides,
you would never want for a butter cookie ever again, guaranteed! ;-)

Then again, I am working undet the assumption he likes girls, which may not
be the case considering his last few posts.