From: Henning on
Not in Spanish, but...

http://www.accessmonster.com/

http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/othersites.htm

/Henning

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Rene� A. Ferreira submitted this idea :
> What kind of clown so angry with a simple question?
> There is no news group for access in spanish any more!

I see 1403 posts in microsoft.public.es.access on
news.eternal-september.org, fwiw.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Cor on
What is wrong with asking in this newsgroup something about a Jet database
(and to give than extra information telling that it is about the MDAC around
Access 2000, which has nothing to do with MS Access)

I assume that if it is about databases 95% of the VB6 users have used Jet
once.

Writing about the product MS Access as reply on this question gives only
insight in the knowledge in VB6 from the ones who does that.

I don't have the answer, but Paul did at least try to get more information
to be able to give an answer.

Cor

From: Dee Earley on
On 14/07/2010 23:49, David Kaye wrote:
> "Rene� A. Ferreira"<renee(a)ceel.com.ar> wrote:
>
>> Table 1 - Two million records
>> Table 2 - One million records
>> Table 3 - One hundred thousand records.
>
> The fact that Access is an extremely low-priced database it's amazing that it
> works as well as it does. In fact, Microsoft thought that it worked too well
> and spent a lot of time trying to get businesses to upsize to SQL Server.

Different markets.
Access is not designed for many user access over a network, SQL server is.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: David Kaye on
Dee Earley <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:

>Different markets.
>Access is not designed for many user access over a network, SQL server is.

It isn't but it works. I'm speaking of the "Access 200, Jet 4.0" database
tied to a VB program. Allegedly it can support 255 users, but I never
attempted anything so massive.

In the implemention I did at the kidney transplant clinic at UCSF Medical
Center in San Francisco, the database was accessed by 3 people at the front
desk, doing patient records, a telephone IVR interface that phoned patients
and reminded them of appointments, a printer module that scanned the database
at the end of the callouts and printed out a record of whether the patients
were reached, and a bevy of test result modules that ran at various times day
and night to input and parse (and add to the database) test results from
various labs, internal and external. This rollout was on a total of 6
machines all networked within a small LAN and using DAO, and later RDO (though
I hated RDO).

In the implementation I did at a hospital in Portland, it was also a
complement of 6 or so computer, but in this case the database was on one
machine about 5 blocks away from most of the other machines, and the test
results polling software ran on a machine another block further away. It ran
flawlessly.

The only problem, and I talked about this earlier, was the need to re-index
and compact nightly due to the large number of records added and deleted each
day. These problems disappeared when we migrated to SQL Server.