From: Try Again on
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:12:44 -0500, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:38:39 -0800, Savageduck
><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>

>>If he has moved to a G11 he will have a camera which is certainly more
>>than capable of producing some good results, as I discovered when I was
>>compelled to use my lifeboat G11 after my D300 was stolen.
>>Here are 2 of my G11 captures.
>>and an opportunistic portrait;
>>http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/IMG_0015fw.jpg
>>
>That's a nice portrait. Appropriately soft.

Overly processed with a portrait-cleaner plugin and overly contrasted. You
can tell by the way the wrinkles in the lips only appear in the darker red
portion and the rest of the lighter lip areas look like they had a
gaussian-blur applied to them. The G11 would show the smallest pores if not
fiddled with. Portrait-cleaner plugins are geared to only touch areas
closer to true flesh tones. I'm guessing he used the freebie portrait
plugin from Mediachance on this one. In the wrong hands (beginner amateurs)
it creates images like this. Typical over-processed party snapshot from a
snapshooter that doesn't know how to use his toys properly, with a critique
from tony cooper who appears equally bereft of any decent photography
experience.