From: divoch on

"Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
> "divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Theo Markettos" <theom+news(a)chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
>>> divoch <divoch(a)removethishotmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> I have Skypephone S2 which may be used as a modem, I think, but I have
>> not done that. Is that any good? Download link from the text message
>> is http://ghp.three.co.uk/email/skype/home .
>>

> You can easily change the APN in the S2 connection manager under it's
> settings / profile
> I'm using a tethered S2 to send this with APN "3internet"

Under Settings/ Network settings/ Data connection/ 3/ there currently is:
Account name(*) 3
APN(*) three.co.uk
User
Password

Would I only change three.co.uk for 3internet ? Not sure about User and
Password
divoch

From: divoch on

> divoch <divoch(a)removethishotmail.com> wrote:

>> Thank you for your advice but it sounds too involved for me to do.
>
> Since I have a netbook that can do all the relevant stuff, here's the
> archive:

I appreciate your help and would like to have a go but I am not quite sure
yet how to
get the file(s) to my K810i mobile. Would you mind to write to me directly
on my hotmail e-mail address ?
divoch

From: Simon Dean on
On 21/07/2010 21:34, Chris wrote:
> Steve Terry<gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote:
>>>
>> Assuming anyone writes apps for it? Plenty of top OS have died because
>> of lack of support.
>> If i had Nokia shares i'd sell them now, the future is Android.
>>

> You already have more apps available for Maemo than for any other mobile OS.
> Maemo is Debian. Debian is Linux. You can just use apt-get to install anything
> directly from the Debian repos.
> There are also Apps available that were optimized for mobile devices.
> My favourite apps that I currently use are:
> - Opera mini
> - Skype/Gtalk
> - OVI maps
> - xskat (genuine Linux app)
> - terminal/ssh
> - Firefox
> - koffice viewer
> - some other games
> - bless N900 (high resolution imaging app)
>
> and many more...
> Further optimized apps will surely be released once more MeeGo devices become
> available.
> Regards,
> Chris

Yah boo, on Android, I get a native IMDb client, Twitter, Facebook,
Last.FM, Google Earth, Skymap, Goggles, Google Maps....

Depends on your requirements really. But I think at the moment, iPhone
has the strongest software software, followed by Android, Symbian then
Maemo.

Meego (not MeGoo) isn't also a rebranded Maemo, it is a combination of
Maemo from Nokia and Moblin from Intel.

Time will tell as to its popularity. But I'd steer clear of Maemo for
now. And Symbian^3 devices until Nokia have finished transitioning to
Meego and Symbian^4.

Cya
Simon
From: Simon Dean on
On 21/07/2010 15:14, White Spirit wrote:
> On 21/07/2010 12:10, divoch wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a new smartphone to replace my Skypephone S2 with
>> emphasis on
>> /mail with ability to read mail attachments (Office documents)
>> /Wi-Fi with ability to use Skype and/or other VOIP clients, mainly abroad
>> /camera capable of reasonable quality standard size pictures
>> /Web browsing for useful info on the go (timetables, train and plain
>> arrival times...)
>> in that order of expected use
>
>> I am not interested in music or social networking on mobile
>
>> Choice on 3 is somewhat limited, so either E71 or E72 springs to the
>> forefront for Symbian and HTC Desire on Android.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Nokia N900
> HTC Desire
> Nokia N97

Do they have the Samsung Galaxy S?
From: divoch on

"Simon Dean" <sjdean(a)home.cubeone.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 21/07/2010 15:14, White Spirit wrote:
>> On 21/07/2010 12:10, divoch wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a new smartphone to replace my Skypephone S2 with
>>> emphasis on
>>> /mail with ability to read mail attachments (Office documents)
>>> /Wi-Fi with ability to use Skype and/or other VOIP clients, mainly
>>> abroad
>>> /camera capable of reasonable quality standard size pictures
>>> /Web browsing for useful info on the go (timetables, train and plain
>>> arrival times...)
>>> in that order of expected use
>>
>>> I am not interested in music or social networking on mobile
>>
>>> Choice on 3 is somewhat limited, so either E71 or E72 springs to the
>>> forefront for Symbian and HTC Desire on Android.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Nokia N900
>> HTC Desire
>> Nokia N97
>>

> Do they have the Samsung Galaxy S?
Yes, they do
divoch

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: uk.telecom.mobile mini FAQ (weekly posting)
Next: Virgin STD