From: Simon Dean on
On 24/07/2010 13:31, divoch wrote:

> "Simon Dean" <sjdean(a)home.cubeone.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Nokia N900
>>> HTC Desire
>>> Nokia N97
>>>

>> Do they have the Samsung Galaxy S?
> Yes, they do
> divoch

Good phone, but scratch that. No Skype client for it yet, despite it
being an android.
From: Steve Terry on
"divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>> "divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Theo Markettos" <theom+news(a)chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
>> <snip>
>>> I have Skypephone S2 which may be used as a modem, I think, but I have
>>> not done that. Is that any good? Download link from the text message
>>> is http://ghp.three.co.uk/email/skype/home .
>>>
>> You can easily change the APN in the S2 connection manager under it's
>> settings / profile
>> I'm using a tethered S2 to send this with APN "3internet"
>
> Under Settings/ Network settings/ Data connection/ 3/ there currently is:
> Account name(*) 3
> APN(*) three.co.uk
> User
> Password
>
> Would I only change three.co.uk for 3internet ?

Yes

> Not sure about User and Password
> divoch

Three don't have user and passwords, just leave them blank.
but if you need a dialup code entered, they use *99#

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: divoch on

> On 24/07/2010 13:31, divoch wrote:
>>
>> "Simon Dean" <sjdean(a)home.cubeone.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Do they have the Samsung Galaxy S?
>> Yes, they do
>> divoch
>>>

> Good phone, but scratch that. No Skype client for it yet, despite it being
> an android.

3 brochure states that Skype is on it. Also on 3 website it says: "...
you get free SkypeT-to-Skype calls and free Windows LiveT Messenger on the
Samsung Galaxy S, only on Three. As far as I know 3 have Skype on all their
phones (except BackBerrys)
How would you rate it against HTC Desire in terms of my needs?
divoch