From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Tiestosteele" <Tiestosteele.43783b(a)DoNotSpam.com>

| Hello,

| I am having this same issue, Would LOVE some help if anyone could.

To start...

DROP that POS front-end to Usenet called techarena.in and DIRECTLY access the Microsoft
news groups via the following NEWS URL...

Then start your OWN thread and we will assist you with YOUR problem.

--
Dave

From: MEB on
On 12/14/2009 04:09 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Tiestosteele" <Tiestosteele.43783b(a)DoNotSpam.com>
>
> | Hello,
>
> | I am having this same issue, Would LOVE some help if anyone could.
>
> To start...
>
> DROP that POS front-end to Usenet called techarena.in and DIRECTLY access the Microsoft
> news groups via the following NEWS URL...

Ah, perhaps you are unfamiliar with India [if, in fact this party lives
there or otherwise in the region]... they have computer Cafe`s which, at
times, limit access to various access points and services. Perhaps this
party is using the REQUIRED access to work on a family computer or
otherwise. Others use the newer cell/high speed though it is costly and
also limited [curious? ask one of them or check the plans..].
Others find these issues via one of the search engines on the
*archival* sites/services and post in the apparent appropriate
thread/discussion.
Another potential reason for usage is the translation,,, do you
understand and write Hindi?

The point? Perhaps it might be best to layoff harassing and
brow-beating these portal users and deal with their issues... it is a
new world, we should be glad anyone still posts questions here in Usenet
rather than in one of the numerous private forums or like.

> Then start your OWN thread and we will assist you with YOUR problem.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

| On 12/14/2009 04:09 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Tiestosteele" <Tiestosteele.43783b(a)DoNotSpam.com>

>> | Hello,

>> | I am having this same issue, Would LOVE some help if anyone could.

>> To start...

>> DROP that POS front-end to Usenet called techarena.in and DIRECTLY access the
>> Microsoft
>> news groups via the following NEWS URL...

| Ah, perhaps you are unfamiliar with India [if, in fact this party lives
| there or otherwise in the region]... they have computer Cafe`s which, at
| times, limit access to various access points and services. Perhaps this
| party is using the REQUIRED access to work on a family computer or
| otherwise. Others use the newer cell/high speed though it is costly and
| also limited [curious? ask one of them or check the plans..].
| Others find these issues via one of the search engines on the
| *archival* sites/services and post in the apparent appropriate
| thread/discussion.
| Another potential reason for usage is the translation,,, do you
| understand and write Hindi?

| The point? Perhaps it might be best to layoff harassing and
| brow-beating these portal users and deal with their issues... it is a
| new world, we should be glad anyone still posts questions here in Usenet
| rather than in one of the numerous private forums or like.

Sorry. That's too bad. If they speak or write Hindi, they can contact Quickheal for anti
malware support.

F**K techarena.in and its Usenet gateway !

--
Dave

From: MEB on
On 12/14/2009 07:29 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>
>
> | On 12/14/2009 04:09 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "Tiestosteele" <Tiestosteele.43783b(a)DoNotSpam.com>

>>> To start...
>
>>> DROP that POS front-end to Usenet called techarena.in and DIRECTLY access the
>>> Microsoft
>>> news groups via the following NEWS URL...
>
> | Ah, perhaps you are unfamiliar with India [if, in fact this party lives
> | there or otherwise in the region]... they have computer Cafe`s which, at
> | times, limit access to various access points and services. Perhaps this
> | party is using the REQUIRED access to work on a family computer or
> | otherwise. Others use the newer cell/high speed though it is costly and
> | also limited [curious? ask one of them or check the plans..].
> | Others find these issues via one of the search engines on the
> | *archival* sites/services and post in the apparent appropriate
> | thread/discussion.
> | Another potential reason for usage is the translation,,, do you
> | understand and write Hindi?
>
> | The point? Perhaps it might be best to layoff harassing and
> | brow-beating these portal users and deal with their issues... it is a
> | new world, we should be glad anyone still posts questions here in Usenet
> | rather than in one of the numerous private forums or like.
>

> Sorry. That's too bad. If they speak or write Hindi, they can contact Quickheal for anti
> malware support.
>
> F**K techarena.in and its Usenet gateway !

Well ,that's an extreme reaction, which I'm not sure has any basis for.
It isn't that these portals are the number one spammer's haven or
anything remotely like that:

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/1_billionth_spam_message_stats.php

Proceed along these lines, taking issue with the method of access, and
the death warrant for the groups is assured.

From: kml_thinktank on

i found a solution to almost any problem regarding regedit and
taskmanager hijacking from antivirus scareware, i googled the antivirus
2010 one day and was looking through the results and came to a you tube
result, the only one with you tube result actually, there i found
florida pc nerds walkthrough, in his tutorial he gives you a site to get
enable regedit and enable task manager programs that run themselves
after one click. heres what i do, run rkill.exe to stop and close
malware that is active, dont touch the alert boxes till you see that
rkill has run, then run it one more time for good measure, takes like 5
seconds, it will dump extra files onto the desktop, send those to
recycle bin, manually go into recycle bin and delete them one at a time.
next, run the regedit enable tool from florida pc nerds site or google
the you tube antivirus 2010(works for all the like viruses as well)
download the enablers and run them both, now you should have control of
both again and now its time to run malwarebytes and when its done(might
be awhile) you should be good to go, i left the enable tools on the
desktop with rkill and mbam and super antispyware, as well as spyware
doctor setup. when you get hit again(if) run rkill, then enablers, then
mbam and whatever else after that doesnt matter cause it should be fixed
after that. if you leave those on your desktop, you can easilly fix
hijacked task manager and enable regedit again with no
worries.......also go into windows folder look for prefetch folder and
temp folder and wipethe inside both clean and empty it all to the trash
bin for deletion, leave the folders there but just select everything
inside for delete, this is where some viruses hide 75% of the time, and
25% of the time its inside a restore point under hkey local machine in
regedit....

--
kml_thinktank
kml_thinktank's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169331.htm