From: Ol�rin on

"Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In news:OcyEuBkgKHA.6096(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> Ol�rin <incanus(a)erkljrjre890aeraekj4na.com> typed:

<snip - happy?>

>> You asked a question and didn't bother stating up front what you'd
>> already looked for and tried. Shenan stepped in with nothing but
>> courteous and spot-on answers, going beyond that and also helping you
>> "how to fish" (better). Why the rant? And in all that, you haven't
>> even had the courtesy yourself to thank him as far as I can see. It's
>> beyond me.
>
> Nice snippage there (NOT)! You and a few others here need to stop being
> so condescending and grow some interpersonal skills and be more accepting
> of those who are as yet inexperienced on the newsgroups. It's not that
> hard to ask a few questions about their situations and explain very
> briefly why you're asking them. It's not helping anyone when you take on
> the tone of a parent talking to a kid they consider stupid.
>
> There is always time to be polite and agreeable, especially to the
> inexperienced.
>
> Twayne`

> Live in the moment;
> be open to the possibilities
> that life has to offer.

Not that I need to defend myself to you, but in the face of such
offensiveness (in both senses of the word):

- I left in the "rant" as it was germane to my comments. I note that *you*
didn't bother snipping it, though, for some reason...

- I don't believe I was condescending, lacking in interpersonal skills,
impolite or disagreeable. You, of course, can believe what you like, but I'm
free to ignore your unsolicited comments - which would perhaps be easier to
view with a straight face coming from someone who didn't use such a childish
device as "Nice snippage there (NOT!)". I've found you to be far ruder, with
less reason and more often in these groups than I ever have been. I hope I
never have the memory problems referred to in this thread, and can only
sympathise. But I similarly hope I never sink to the levels of rudeness and
name-calling I've seen from you.

- "More accepting of the inexperienced"? - I didn't reject the OP and
wasn't commenting on his technical ability at all. I was expressing
bafflement at his attitude and calling him out of line for his (ongoing)
ingratitude.

When asking "How do I do A?" to add, "I've already tried X, Y and Z," isn't
a matter of being a genius, it's more like plain common sense. To take
umbrage when it's then assumed that none of X nor Y nor Z has been tried and
to think you're being called lazy is over-sensitivity.