From: Leythos on
In article <GLydnWiPGZ4TySPWnZ2dnUVZ8mOdnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.ukk says...
> *Why* is her opinion unworthy? Tell me that.

Chaos is not what the Structure and Ideal of Usenet is about, read it
for yourself and then follow the posts to determine if "I'll do it my
way because I want to do it my way, even if everyone says it's wrong" is
valid or just arrogance.

Trust yourself.
From: Jenn on
"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <hplkci$hs5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway says...

>> > Yes, this one has been off-topic for many posts, but, do we accept
>> > wrongs just because it's not convenient or do we seek to correct wrongs
>> > because it's the proper and right thing to do?

>> oh come on ... :D ...... it's a newsgroup .. not a moral dilema
>> <wink>
>> ;-)

> Why abandon your principals for your convenience? Doesn't that mean that
> your own ethicals and morals are somewhat lacking if you choose to only
> follow the rules that you agree with?

Which rules? Are you talking about rules set in internet stone, or the ones
people actually practice by what they actually do? :-) As far as I can no
one considers any rules on ngs not subject to change on the fly. Have you
had a different experience?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Jenn on
> In article <GLydnWiPGZ4TySPWnZ2dnUVZ8mOdnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
> BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.ukk says...
>> *Why* is her opinion unworthy? Tell me that.
>>

> Chaos is not what the Structure and Ideal of Usenet is about, read it
> for yourself and then follow the posts to determine if "I'll do it my
> way because I want to do it my way, even if everyone says it's wrong" is
> valid or just arrogance.

Do you consider the natural ebb and flow of human conversation to be chaos?
(interesting thought)
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: ~BD~ on
Leythos wrote:
> In article<GLydnWiPGZ4TySPWnZ2dnUVZ8mOdnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
> BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.ukk says...
>> *Why* is her opinion unworthy? Tell me that.
>>

> Chaos is not what the Structure and Ideal of Usenet is about, read it
> for yourself and then follow the posts to determine if "I'll do it my
> way because I want to do it my way, even if everyone says it's wrong" is
> valid or just arrogance.

This is one thread amongst billions of others in over 120,000 groups.

No one is being inconvenienced in any way by the posts being made now.

Usenet, as once was, is dying. Maybe if we actually *use* it, it will
survive, in part at least. Times change and you must learn to bend in
the wind of this change, Leythos. :)

--
Dave
From: gufus on
Hello, ~BD~!

You wrote on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 00:59:35 +0100:

| It's not funny - especially if it were true.

One other point, the WWW is full of lies and UNKNOW.

Remember the Golden Rule of the WWW:

"Thou Shalt NOT excessively annoy others or
allow Thyself to become excessively annoyed."

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca