From: ~BD~ on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> Leythos wrote:
>>> Why not respect Usenet yourself?
>>>
>>> Usenet is not a chat group that you can ramble on about any given
>>> subject in any given group - the GROUP NAME DEFINES THE DISCUSSION
>>> TYPE AND CONTENT.
>>>
>>> If you want to "Talk" with people about non-Anti-Virus things, then
>>> you should respect Usenet and how it was intended to be used and
>>> take your discussion to email.
>>>
>>> It's simple to follow Usenet methods, if you care.
>>
>> Everyone has a different view! Here's an example:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> There, SeaNymph said ........
>
> "SeaNymph" is definitely not a person whose opinion should be used as a
> reference to describe how Usenet works.

That's like throwing down a gauntlet!

Perhaps you should consider saying that to her face, BTS.

*Why* is her opinion unworthy? Tell me that.

--
Dave
From: Jenn on
"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <hpljte$gio$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway says...
>> Do you take into account that just about every thread on the internet has
>> an
>> ebb and flow and it's normal for content within threads to vary away from
>> the subject title? Just a thought.
>>

> Yes, this one has been off-topic for many posts, but, do we accept
> wrongs just because it's not convenient or do we seek to correct wrongs
> because it's the proper and right thing to do?

oh come on ... :D ...... it's a newsgroup .. not a moral dilema <wink>
;-)
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Andy Walker on
Jenn wrote:

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_Topic

Wikipedia is not considered a reliable enough content source for
Usenet. ;-)
From: Jenn on
"Andy Walker" <awalker(a)nspank.invalid> wrote in message
> Jenn wrote:
>

>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_Topic
>
> Wikipedia is not considered a reliable enough content source for
> Usenet. ;-)

well ... it was good enough for Lythos... so I used the same source ...
makes no nevermind to me...

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Leythos on
In article <hplkci$hs5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway says...

> "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> > In article <hpljte$gio$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> > me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway says...
> >> Do you take into account that just about every thread on the internet has
> >> an
> >> ebb and flow and it's normal for content within threads to vary away from
> >> the subject title? Just a thought.
> >>

> > Yes, this one has been off-topic for many posts, but, do we accept
> > wrongs just because it's not convenient or do we seek to correct wrongs
> > because it's the proper and right thing to do?
>

> oh come on ... :D ...... it's a newsgroup .. not a moral dilema <wink>
> ;-)

Why abandon your principals for your convenience? Doesn't that mean that
your own ethicals and morals are somewhat lacking if you choose to only
follow the rules that you agree with?

Trust yourself.