From: gufus on
Hello, All!

Is any one here using Avira's firewall? it's is included with Avira's
Security Suite. I want to upgrade my servers firewall.
If not... any suggestions for a good firewall would be great.
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: Jimmy Jiiimz on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hello, All!
>
> Is any one here using Avira's firewall? it's is included with Avira's
> Security Suite. I want to upgrade my servers firewall.
> If not... any suggestions for a good firewall would be great.

I wouldn't recommend a software based firewall on a server! Go out and
buy a hardware device like from WatchGuard, Fortinet, Juniper etc...

--
Jimmy
From: Benji Z-Man on
On 08/04/10 14:31, Jimmy Jiiimz wrote:
> "gufus"<stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Hello, All!
>>
>> Is any one here using Avira's firewall? it's is included with Avira's
>> Security Suite. I want to upgrade my servers firewall.
>> If not... any suggestions for a good firewall would be great.
>
> I wouldn't recommend a software based firewall on a server! Go out and
> buy a hardware device like from WatchGuard, Fortinet, Juniper etc...

^ This.

On a personal computer, however, Avira is... alright. Just be prepared
for some issues if you have programs that you'd like to give routine
permissions to, or opening ports.

I'd personally recommend Sygate except that they got absorbed into the
Symantec oozeball.
From: schtebo on
On Apr 8, 12:19 am, "gufus" <stop.nospam.gb...(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hello, All!
>
> Is any one here using Avira's firewall? it's is included with Avira's
> Security Suite. I want to upgrade my servers firewall.
> If not... any suggestions for a good firewall would be great.
> --
> With best regards, gufus.  E-mail: stop.nospam.gb...(a)shaw.ca

Hi Gufus,

as far as i know Avira Premium Security Suite ist not for Servers.
If you try to install you should be notified that Microsoft Server ist
not supported.
I think default Firewall from Microsoft should do it for us all.
From: Benji Z-Man on
On 08/04/10 21:50, schtebo wrote:
[ Snip ]
> I think default Firewall from Microsoft should do it for us all.

Ktchk- are you insane?